Tailbone pain

Boochan1
on 9/25/15 5:01 am

I am almost 8 months out and having pain in my tailbone. I'm sure it's muscle loss. Any advice?

ElizaM
on 9/25/15 5:41 am
VSG on 07/24/14

Very common and a real PITA. For some people, it eventually gets better on their own. I have not been so lucky. I'm currently in PT trying to help it. 

Get a ****yx pillow (wedge pillow with a little cut out for the tailbone). They do help. I have the Tush Cush and I like it, other people here have used other models. 

32F 5'8" High weight: 432 | Consult weight: 396 | Surgery weight: 335 | Current weight: 170

amyvsg6614
on 9/25/15 8:54 am
VSG on 06/06/14

I am 15 months out and my tailbone KILLS me if i sit too long.. 

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 9/25/15 12:08 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

coc

I bought this one at Amazon and could not survive without it.   Make sure anything you buy is focused on reducing pain in your ****yx.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

craigmi07
on 9/26/15 8:57 am

When I was younger and my weight fluctuated, especially after pregnancy, my pilonidal cyst flares up.  For me it is congenital.  My children also have it. The first time it occurred I was a teenager and it felt like I had fallen from a chair onto cement flooring.  Very, very painful tailbone.  Here is a website that describes it.

http://www.medicinenet.com/pilonidal_cyst/article.htm

I am scheduled to have the gastric sleeve in a few weeks.  I'm hoping the weight loss does not cause my pilonidal cyst to act up.  It's been a long time but I do sit a lot for my job.  I had several friends that had it removed when I was younger.  I decided the surgery was not an option for me.  I think they have come along way with the procedure.  They used to not stitch it close and allowed it to heal on it's own.  It took one friend a year to close with a lot of drainage.  Also you need another person to change the dressing.  As a teenager, I didn't want my mother doing that.  Too embarrassed.  If you do not have a good surgeon, it can reoccur.

Most Active