Surgery Date Scheduled!!!

Ready2goNOW
on 9/28/15 12:15 pm

I am happy to announce that after 9 months into 'my program' my surgery date has finally been scheduled for Monday, October 12th!

I started my liquid diet this morning and so far am not freaking out! I guess that is a good thing...lol!

I think I had more anxiety about the upcoming surgery last month when I finished by 6 months of nutrition classes and knew my date was imminent. Now I just feel nothing...no anxiety, no excitement, no anything! Weird!

Anyhow, everyone here has been such an inspiration everytime I came to visit. I have learned so much, and look forward to going thru 'the other side' of this journey with everyone once I get through the 12th.

Kathy

MelissaKay_69
on 9/28/15 12:59 pm

Congrats Kathy!

suzyq584
on 9/28/15 1:07 pm

Congratulations!!  We will be sleeve sisters since my surgery is on the 8th!! 

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

Ready2goNOW
on 9/29/15 9:31 am

Suzy,

We will need to compare notes! Are you still in the 270's? I am 5'9" also, but started my journey at 350. I am down to almost 280 now. I expect I will get down into the 270's after 2 weeks on this liquid diet.

Stay in touch!

Kathy

suzyq584
on 9/29/15 3:01 pm

I haven't weighed lately but am probably still in the 270's since I've only been on the liquid diet for 6 days now.  I will probably be 260 something for surgery.  Good job on losing what you already have! 

How is your liquid diet going?

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

psychoticparrot
on 9/28/15 1:23 pm

Nine months is a long time to wait. Congrats! You've probably had so much anxiety that it wore itself out! I had a fear of dogs for a long time. One day a huge German shepherd jumped from a porch, ran at me, and barked and snarled right into my face. Didn't bite though. It scared me so badly that it scared the fear right out of me. I know that sounds crazy, but I've not been afraid of dogs since. Maybe that's what's happening with you.

If I had it to over again, I wouldn't be worried about the surgery itself. That's the easy part. The (sometimes) hard part is recovering from the surgery when you're back home. You may feel extremely weak, sometimes in pain, sometimes nauseated, and wishing you could turn the clock back. You may find it difficult learning how to eat again as you heal. This is when you need to take good care of yourself by making sure you're getting enough to drink and sticking to the food texture stages your surgeon recommends. But I certainly hope this stage goes well for you. Even if it doesn't, it will end before long and your journey back to good health will be going strong.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Ready2goNOW
on 9/29/15 9:38 am

Thanks...I always look forward to your posts! I believe we are in the same age bracket, too!

The Pavlov's dog theory...lol..love it! No doubt the wait has wrung the anxiety out of me! I hope so!

The only thing that worries me about the surgery is going in with my afib as well as being older. Don't want to stroke out and be worse off than I am now. I had 3 C-sections and a cancer-related hysterectomy so the recovery process should not be new to me. Us old dogs can usually manage it.

Thanks for the support. 

Kathy

psychoticparrot
on 9/29/15 12:25 pm

Woof! 

psychoticparrot

KansasPrincess
on 9/28/15 3:13 pm - Gardner, KS
VSG on 10/15/15

im on the 15th... i start my all liquid diet on that date. and will fly to sandiego on 10-14 to be in mexico later that day for surgery the 15th. good luck. cant wait to be on the loser benc w/ you

Ready2goNOW
on 9/29/15 9:40 am

3 days apart...we definitely need to stay in touch!

Best of luck!

Keep me posted!

Kathy

Most Active