Weight loss stopped after five days! Advice?

frannieLT
on 10/5/15 10:30 am

I lost eight pounds the first few days after surgery then it stopped. I'm flabbergasted. I have had no nausea, no vomiting. I've been doing my stationary bike for 30 min a day. I feel very hungry most of the time. I met my surgeon, Dr, Feiz right before the surgery for about ten seconds. No one came out afterward to speak to my husband. I feel like I have no support there. Something just seems very wrong. Surgery was Sept 25. Sw 214 , CW 206

Renren
on 10/5/15 11:14 am
VSG on 12/02/15

I think 8 lbs in such a short period of time is pretty great. I read where someone said that through their whole vsg weight loss journey that they lost it in little steps. A few pounds-pause-a little more-pause-and so on. I don't think I would be worried yet. I'd just stick with it . Good luck .

5'2.5" Surgery date/ 12-02-15 Dr.Valentine Boise ID

Highest:289 SW/212 CW 122

Goal/125-130

Goal reached at 10 months

Lissa_ND
on 10/5/15 11:24 am
VSG on 09/02/15

Stalls right after surgery are normal. I stalled my second week and third week, literally not an ounce lost. Then the fourth week I lost 4 pounds. Your body is adjusting hang in there!

Age 37 starting weight 301lbs, 5'6. VSG and Gallbladder removal September 2nd 2015

mickeymantle
on 10/5/15 11:28 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

very normal some people gain the first few weeks from the fluids pumped into you and the swelling , my surgeon sent a message when they where getting ready to close me up to my hubby and went and seen him right after surgery

and I seen him latter that day and ext morniing

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/5/15 12:37 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

You will not lose weight every day. Prepare to be patient.

Most people lose a lot in the first week or so post op, since the body has a lot to get used to. After that, it generally slows to a pound or two a week, with the occasional stall or slowdown.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

hollykim
on 10/5/15 5:59 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 5, 2015 at 5:30 PM Pacific Time, frannieLT wrote:

I lost eight pounds the first few days after surgery then it stopped. I'm flabbergasted. I have had no nausea, no vomiting. I've been doing my stationary bike for 30 min a day. I feel very hungry most of the time. I met my surgeon, Dr, Feiz right before the surgery for about ten seconds. No one came out afterward to speak to my husband. I feel like I have no support there. Something just seems very wrong. Surgery was Sept 25. Sw 214 , CW 206

what exactly are you eating? Are you getting 64 + oz of liquid a day? Dehydration can mimic hunger.

are you taking any acid reducer? Excess acid also causes hunger. You can have acid with no heartburn symptoms.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 10/5/15 6:15 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Please be patient, your body is in healing mode right now & it might take awhile for it to get its groove back. Follow your Drs plan for you & the weight will come off.

For me I lose in a stair step pattern where I'd drop for awhile, then hover at the same weight for awhile then drop again. I've lost this way for almost the entire time & still continue to do so. It'll come off, not everything shows up on the scale, start taking measurements, usually whenever I don't see the scale move, I start losing inches instead.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 54 views