My surgery date is scheduled! Woohoo!

CoachLisaC
on 10/4/15 5:42 pm

My sleeve surgery is scheduled for October 8th. Woohoo! I'm excited but also nervous. I am excited for the change and nervous because its a huge change! I also keep wondering how its going to feel having a banana sized stomach. I've been waiting for this day to come for the last 6 months. It seems like its been years. My goal is to lose 145 pounds. I am looking forward to getting rid of back pain, knee pain and being able to walk without needing to sit down every 5 feet. I'm getting my life back and I am so ready!

I would really like to know if the day after surgery is as tough as I'm told by my surgeons office. I understand that its major surgery but I had gall bladder (removal) surgery and I was back to work in 4 days. I would love to hear from the forum. Thanks Everyone :-)

Ready2goNOW
on 10/4/15 6:20 pm

Congratulations! My surgery is the 12th and I have many of the same goals. I don't care how rough recovery may be as long as it is not life threatening, and I am in this for the long haul b/c of health reasons.

Best of luc****ep us posted!

Kathy

CoachLisaC
on 10/5/15 11:34 am

Congratulations to you as well! Our surgery dates are very close. I am in this for the long haul too and would like to keep in touch. I will be posting after surgery - would like to hear how you did too!

Good luck with your surgery!

Shel25
on 10/4/15 7:33 pm

Whohoo! It is fabulous not to have pain anymore....I'm glad that you will reach that bliss soon!

I'm not exactly sure what your surgeon's office means by "tough." Plus, as you know, everyone has their own unique experience. For myself, I liberally used the pain pump while in hospital but didn't use/need any pain medication when I got home. I needed frequent rest in those early days but wasn't out of it or anything like that. Still plenty of time and energy to walk and watch Netflix. (I will forever associate my sleeve with Breaking Bad.)

I hope it is smooth sailing for you as well!

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

CoachLisaC
on 10/5/15 10:47 am

Glad you have reached that bliss - I'm really looking forward to it!

I think the doctors office was trying to tell me not to resume regular activity after surgery. The gall bladder surgery was pretty easy. I'm hoping this takes the same path. BTW - I'm looking forward to a day or two of binge watching Netflix :-)

Thanks for the kind support! I appreciate it!

FuturePinUp
on 10/5/15 9:01 am

My experience really wasn't tough, but I was lucky to have never had a single gas pain. The only pain I had was when I was using my stomach muscles, after they tightened the muscle wall. Laughing and getting in/out of bed were pretty painful but not unbearable. I was on pain pills 2 days post-op, but felt alright otherwise. Went back to work on Day 7 post-op.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

CoachLisaC
on 10/5/15 11:00 am

I think I can handle painful but not unbearable again. I've had both kinds of surgeries - open and laparoscopic. After my last laparoscopic surgery, I remember the same feeling of pain using my stomach muscles when getting out of bed and laughing. I'm hoping to be back to work in 7 days as well.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I appreciate it!

suzyq584
on 10/5/15 10:32 am

Hi,

My surgery is also on Thursday!! I'm feeling all of the same emotions you are. Let's keep in touch!

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

CoachLisaC
on 10/5/15 10:41 am

Thanks for reaching out! I would appreciate keeping in touch! Good luck with your surgery!

CoachLisaC
on 10/12/15 1:50 pm

How did it go? Are you home? I hope your surgery went well!

Most Active