Surgery scheduled 10/26/15, Pre-op appt TOMORROW!

msecanales
on 10/8/15 7:46 pm

I am getting nervous.. Excited but nervous. I have never had surgery before. I am trying to make a list of questions for tomorrow.. Ya'll, I am very nervous!

beelitehobbies
on 10/8/15 7:50 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/27/15

I was nervous as hell too. Just a blip of time as i see it now. Good luck and enjoy the new life coming.

Male 55, Initial weight 388#, and 6'1" / surgery weight 360#/Current Weight is 296#

MelissaKay_69
on 10/8/15 7:52 pm

I think we were all nervous about having surgery. I am 3 weeks out and the first week was the hardest. Now the only thing that's hard is changing my email eating habits. You've got this. You will be so glad you had it done. You deserve it. Good luck and keep us posted :)

Robin B.
on 10/8/15 8:25 pm

My appointment is tomorrow too. So scared but also just wanting to move on in the journey. I am afraid of failure.

Blueowlb23
on 10/9/15 8:04 am

Congrats on your date mine is Oct. 27th so it's great to find fellow Oct VSG surgery warriors who's journey I can follow.I'm definitely in that nervous/anxious stage. I start my 2 week pre surgery 1,000 calorie diet next Tues. and have mandatory nutrition course next Friday. Eek definitely battling the nerves but this is what we've been working for and moving towards. So, to all my fellow October surgi sisters (& brothers) positive thoughts & prayers as we get ready to join the losers bench.

Thanks for posting, it's good to not feel like I'm on an island in all this!

"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower." ~Hans Christian Andersen

Age: 33, Height: 5' 4", hw (at consultation): 297, sw(10/27/15): 281, cw(06/05/16): 209

msecanales
on 10/9/15 7:09 pm

We will make it! We can do this! It's ok that we are nervous... That means we are human!

Ikester280
on 10/10/15 12:09 pm

I am scheduled for 10/26 also. My pre-opt is Tuesday. Very uneasy but excited.

Robin B.
on 10/10/15 8:10 pm

I have surgery date of 10-19 and am nervous too. When the nerves come on I take a moment and tell myself to remember why I am doing this. I try to visualize my granddaughter and then myself thinner, etc. Meditation and visualizing has helped me. I am so scared. I appreciate everyone's words of encouragement!

bizzarrea
on 10/12/15 11:25 pm - San Leandro, CA

Hi all. My surgery is scheduled for October 27th. So excited and blessed to have this opportunity. We can start a club. The Oct 15's. Gonna need tons of help and support. Will be quite a journey.

msecanales
on 10/13/15 10:47 am

Yes! I like the idea of the October, 15 club :) it's just nice to hear from ppl going through the exact same stage as you. I also like to hear from the "veterans" and see what advice they have to offer...

Most Active