protein shakes

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/15 6:34 pm

Has anyone tried the protein shakes Svelte? I have been having a hard time getting down the Whey protein.

Billy D.
on 10/12/15 6:42 pm

No but I do well with Collagen hydrolyate Protein, it tastes like nothing and mixes great into hot or cold liquids and is extremely digestible. I actually got mine from a hairdresser, she told me the ladies love this as it also gets rid of wrinkles and helps with joint pain. Did you try Whey protein or Whey protein isolate. Some say the isolate is easier on stomach. I drink Premier Protein shakes and they have a blend and they taste good and have 30 grams of protein. Walmart and Walgreens sell them. Good luck!

rocky513
on 10/12/15 7:33 pm - WI

Collagen based proteins are not good as a major protein source. They are great for hair, nails and joint health, but they are incomplete proteins that do not have the essential amino acids we need. Here is a link to an article from the Obesity Action Coalition that explains the best protein sources.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Billy D.
on 10/12/15 8:06 pm

Yes not as your major source... It lacks an essential amino acid, tryptophan, and contains only small amounts of cysteine, but I mix mine with Carnation Instant breakfast or skim milk, making it complete and adding benefits to it. Also it may help her if she adds it to her Whey protein as it supposedly aids in digestion. It certainly can't hurt. They younger guys at my gym use it with their protein shakes. It isn't tasty enough to just drink on it's own. I also add it to bone broth and it's great. My go to shake is the Premier protein shake which I had mentioned, I like Nectar and Unjury too Some people can just try a different brand shake and they do better. It may not be the Whey protein that she is having the problem with it could be some of the other ingredients in the shake or even low quality whey from China. I tried the Vegan protein shake and though they were really bad but that is me, to each his own.

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/15 11:08 am

Hello Billy. I have been drinking the Whey protein and having a hard time, do not like the chalk taste. I will try the premier. Thanks

LisaKelley
on 10/12/15 7:56 pm

I am two weeks post op. I have trouble with the shakes. Even the shakes i use to like, I cant drink them.

I am using any shake with protein I can get down. Right now it is the atkins. Incomplete, but I spoke with my nutritionist and told her any protein is better than none. She agreed.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGoSSrA/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wGoSSrA/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Most Active