Kitchen gadget disease- NuWave Oven vs. another pressure cooker?

happyteacher
on 11/22/15 10:14 am

Just looking for some advice to those who might have a NuWave oven. Is it worth it? For Christmas I had planned on buying an electric pressure cooker that I had been pining for, but I already have 3 stove top versions. I am after the "set it and forget it" type convenience and want to be able to cook from frozen. I watched an infomercial on the NuWave and it appears it will do this pretty well. The reviews also mentioned it is particularly good for cooking for 1 or 2. We are down to just me, the hubby, and my daughter who is a light eater- so pretty much like cooking for 2. Is it feasible it could replace my toaster? This is an advantage as I have a dedicated area for that. I don't mind storing it in the garage though, as it is not hard to fetch it when used. 

So is this another attack of kitchen gadget disease, or worthy of the purchase?

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/15 3:51 pm - Hilliard, OH
WLS on 07/27/15

I have a NuWave Oven, and I absolutely love it. My hubby calls it my Easy Bake Oven. :)

I pretty much never plan ahead for meals (which I should), but it is SO easy to just grab a frozen chicken breast (or 3), sprinkle some seasoning on, and set it. They turn out most and delicious every time. You do have to flip it, but it still takes way less time than it would to cook it any other way.

It comes with a handy little laminated chart that shows how long to cook pretty much everything. Even a casserole I used to make only took about 25 min vs the 45 it took in an oven.

Clean-up is easy. Everything can go in the dishwasher, and I usually line the bottom, and sometimes the rack with foil, so i barely have to do any cleaning at all.

Anyways, I love mine. My mom even got one, too, since I was cooking so much with mine. She likes it, too. I use it pretty often, and just leave it out on my counter all the time. Hope that helps! 

happyteacher
on 11/22/15 6:42 pm

That totally does help, thank you! I hate to purchase just based on reviews, but nobody I know uses one.  Now I think I will get one, lol. Talked myself out of it earlier, but the whole cooking with frozen thing is a big deal. We buy in bulk here and never thaw in time or forget that we thaw then have to throw it out. Thank you for the response!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active