Headaches question

Kiwideb
on 11/30/15 8:52 am
VSG on 01/19/15

so life is pretty ****ty right now. Kinda of a given with a kid with Brain cancer.

That aside, I need to make sure I look after myself too - I've already prematurely put myself in maintenance... Booo! But for the last while I have a constant (and I mean constant) headache. I'm a weathervane (yuck) so the recent storm/not storm storm/not storm here in Colorado has been killin me, but I'm thinking there's more to it than that. My attention levels are way down, and decision making is slower than normal. I've even been monitoring my bs again thinking that maybe that's been whats up... I'm pretty normal, although I notice as soon as I get under 90 I'm getting spacey.(95-100 seems to be my comfortable norm)

I have a doc apt Wednesday, so I'm trying to think of things I should query her about (beyond the antidepressants everyone in my world says I need - that whole kid with cancer deal).

Obviously dehydration is #1 - I'm getting liquids in, although not all water, Im Having troubles with keeping warm so constantly have something hot in my hand. But that's not to say I've not been getting slightly more so day by day for the last few months.

A new eye exam will be this week also, just in case I'm one of the 'well, losing weight doesn't usually make your eyes change' folks (this is easily sorted being I'm an optician )

obviously im due for a new blood panel since I'm almost 12 months out, has anyone experienced anything similar headache wise that it was found something unusual was causing it. I want to ask for as many options for testing as I can to try figure this out.

of course, it could be just plain old stress and tiredness catching up to me, with a helping of need a massage/chiro visit or two and a couple of days of drinking crazy amounts of water..

any thoughts from from some of those who are a year or more out?

Duetoprivacy
on 11/30/15 9:23 am

I can't imagine anything more stressful than having a child with brain cancer. My thoughts are with you both as he moves through treatment and into remission. 

michellemj
on 11/30/15 2:57 pm

Hugs! I can't imagine what you are dealing with. Your plate is more than full!

I'm a chronic daily migraine girl, so I do relate.

As much as you can, try to hydrate. Focus on 16oz every couple of hours or so as a start. If you can, see if you can try to take a short walk, even if it's just around the hospital floor every couple of hours too while you try to relax and focus on your breathing. Tension won't help a headache.

B12 and magnesium can help headaches, so you can have B12 measured on your yearly bloodwork. I don't know if magnesium is measured, but it's one of those things that doesn't hurt to add.

Natural things like essential oils may also work. I like peppermint oil on my temples and the back of my neck.

and if this headache isn't going away, getting worse, causing functional impairments, etc, you may want to ask for a scan, just to be safe.

Hang in there Mama and try to take care of you too.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 34 views