Beginner questions

mohamedwaly
on 11/28/15 10:58 am

Hello

Sorry for my english

iam 33 years old and my BMI 37.5 with 182cm and 123 Kg, i try to make diet some times but in every time i return to my weight after short time

i read for LSG and i thinking now to make it but i want to ask some questions as a beginner.

1-is VSG is best way to loss weight ?

2-after long term ( more than 5 years) , a more complications can be appeared?

3-in short term , have you a psychological problems or Physical problems?

4-i read that in operation the death rate is 0.5% and leak is 2%, is it correct data?

Bufflehead
on 11/28/15 11:46 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

1-is VSG is best way to loss weight ?

That depends on your own health issues and what your surgeon recommends. It is a great way to lose weight for lots of people though!

2-after long term ( more than 5 years) , a more complications can be appeared?

I haven't read about any long term complications. This is definitely a question you will want to ask your surgeon though.

3-in short term , have you a psychological problems or Physical problems?

No, none for me.

4-i read that in operation the death rate is 0.5% and leak is 2%, is it correct data?

Those are the correct general numbers, but some surgeons do better and some do worse. You should ask your surgeon for his/her numbers.

Welcome and good luck!

LS2dv8
on 11/28/15 4:53 pm

Hi

I just had the surgery!  And so far it's been great!  Good luck

LS2DV8

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/28/15 5:47 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I really don't have answers to questions 2 & 4. I guess its possible to have complications related to the surgery at 5 years out, but the only thing that comes to mind is gerd, which some people have & the vsg made it worse, or they developed it after the surgery, but I'm not sure how long they had it b4 revising to the rny.

Is vsg the best way to lose weight, that really depends on your health, your mindset & your Dr. Each surgery has its own pros & cons, along with its lifestyle requirements that you have to adopt to for life, so I guess a better question is what is best for you.?

Psychological/physical problems, well for me it did bring to light food addictions/emotional eating, but I think I kinda knew I had this problem b4 surgery, & no surgery doesn't fix it. I think it might be head hunger that you're referring to & that will always be there, well at least for me its there. The only physical problem I have is the occasional stiffness I get with my knees, but that isn't a result of the surgery, in fact I feel much better now than b4, but years of being SMO can still have lingering damage, even after weight loss, plus I've been exercising more & I'm not as young as I used to be. Hope this helps! 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

mohamedwaly
on 11/29/15 1:20 pm

Thank you for your reply

i have a friend who just do the operation for 2 months ago

he now eating a little amount of food and if he increase the amount of food , he get all food out..

is the amount of the food will increase by the time or it will be as a baby amount forever as you after operation?

Thank you

happyteacher
on 11/29/15 4:07 pm

I had surgery 4 years ago. I still eat a small amount, but not a "baby" amount. It is small enough that at a restaurant the waitress will ask if the food was Ok or if there was something wrong with it. You feel just as satisfied on the smaller amount though, so do not worry about it being so little. I can eat 54-100 grams of meat with a little cooked veggies for a typical meal. Fish and seafood is closer to the 100 grams, and steak is closer to the 54 grams. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active