Nauseous from water and belly button problems

LosinginAZ
on 2/5/16 1:11 pm

Hi all. I am a little over 2 weeks post op and just recently I started getting nauseous with each sip of water. I was fine with water a week ago but now it seems like every sip makes me nauseous. Does this go away? 

Also and this is completely unrelated, my belly button hurts and is raw. They didn't go through there, did they? I didn't have an incision there, just wondering. 

Thank you!

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

psychoticparrot
on 2/5/16 1:35 pm, edited 2/5/16 5:36 am

Yes, the nausea will go away sooner or later, but in the meantime don't let it prevent you from drinking water. If you find your water intake going down because of nausea, ask your surgeon for some Zofran to calm your stomach. Dehydration, ERs, and IVs suck!

I know nothing at all about sore belly buttons. Sorry.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

emelar
on 2/5/16 1:38 pm - TX

Call your doc on the bellybutton.  They usually do one of the incisions there, and you may be developing an infection.

FuturePinUp
on 2/5/16 1:49 pm

As far as the incision...it really depends! My surgeon does a one-incision technique where he goes through the belly button so it's not visible - though unfortunately I was not eligible for that due to how long my torso is (my belly button was too low). Do you have incisions elsewhere? Are they still covered?

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

LosinginAZ
on 2/5/16 1:53 pm

I have 5 other incisions and the doctor took the steri strips off on Wednesday :) 

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 2/5/16 2:01 pm
VSG on 01/11/16

Is it all liquids or jus****er? try warm broths and teas .. maybe warm will feel better than cold. No idea what the sore belly button could be.

bruindiva92
on 2/5/16 8:13 pm
Revision on 03/29/17

At 10 months out, I am still unable to drink water--hot, lukewarm or cold--it always comes right back up.  I've had this problem since Day 1.  I drink tea, crystal light and now coffee.  My surgeon says this happens to about 2% of his patients and some will never drink plain water again.  I seem to be 1 of the 2% group.

Keep trying different temperatures; something may work for you.

Madrina
on 2/5/16 8:52 pm
VSG on 12/23/15

Water is heavy and I continue to have difficulty drinking and I'm over one month out. I find decaf tea is easier to drink due to the temp and yes, I believe that they went into the belly button during the procedure. My bb was tender and funky afterwards. There was also glue/scabs from the incisions that fell out of my bb. Good news is after you heal, things will go back to normal, but it was initially freaky. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views