4 Months and counting...

paflyersgal
on 2/6/16 10:32 am, edited 2/6/16 10:34 am
VSG on 10/06/15

Hello Everyone,

Today marks my 4 month post-op. It's been a rather exciting adventure and I wouldn't change it for the world. I've had many ups and downs, some good some great and some I wish I could take back. Such is life and we move on and we learn from out past mistakes the best we can.

The weather has been getting nicer, so I've been walking more. It's a great energy boost. I'm just happy that I can walk a mile now and my knees don't hurt, my back doesn't hurt, I don't huff and buff.. and I am actually enjoying it.

I've been sticking to my plan that best I can, there are days when I'm just not hungry.. but I at least do my best to get in my protein and water if nothing else. I have bad days too where I really want something that I know if I even think about it, it will send me on a slippery slope.  I struggle sometimes with the choice, and I just pound it into my head that I don't need it, I just want it. If I don't need it, then I am not going to have it. It's hard.. especially when I am at work. Sometimes I feel like the people around me try to sabotage me on purpose. I know they aren't, it's not their fault I had a problem with food and I needed to face that daemon head on! I'm in control now, and there is no looking back and no turning around. It's a life change, and I determined to make it my life goal to accomplish what I set out to do!

I went searching for some "full" shot photos of myself, but like most people that are over weight, I hated my picture taken. I would never let people take my picture unless it was from the waist up. Not that it mattered because I was still hating on my pictures. Still now even though I have lost 100+ lbs. I hate my picture taken. I still have a long way to go before I reach my goal and when I look in the mirror I still see the very very large me. I don't take complaints very well sometimes. Most of the time I say "You think so? thank You very much" but in my head I am always thinking, I am still fat, just not as fat. I know I will one day reach that point where I can look at myself and say WOW damn I am hot!! LOL

My Journey:

• Highest Weight : 413 (2/2015)
  • Surgery Weight : 360 (10/2015) -53 lbs.
  • 1 Month Post-Op : 338.4 (11/2015) -21.6 lbs.
  • 2 Months Post-Op : 325.6 (12/2015) -12.8 lbs.
  • 3 Months Post-Op : 317.6 (1/2016) -8 lbs.
  • 4 Months Post-Op : 307.8 (2/2016) - 9.8 lbs.

Total Loss to date : - 105.2 lbs.

Karen

Dan1962
on 2/6/16 12:03 pm - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

We have all been there and everything gets better over time.  You should be very proud of yourself.  I had the picture phobia too and that takes time but I don't mind much any longer.  Walking is huge, I love it, just did 4 miles today.  You keep doing what you are doing and good things will continue to happen.  Good Luck!

(deactivated member)
on 2/6/16 12:35 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

OMG you look awesome! You're doing so well. We all have setbacks don't beat yourself up about them just say "well not doing that again" and walk on with your head held high. If you can accomplish this much in 4 months imagine how you'll be doing at a year post op. Walking is absolutely the best, I do it almost every day at work on my lunch (I am bad and skip it once in awhile) and it's amazing not to hurt or huff and puff when you do it. I am exciting to hike this summer though I know I will huff and puff at first when I do it and it may hurt a bit I know it will help so much. Keep posting! And don't be afraid of pictures, you'll want them for comparison when you've lost more to keep you motivated.

Grim_Traveller
on 2/6/16 12:45 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

There's absolutely no reason you should hate having your picture taken. You're doing great.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

psychoticparrot
on 2/6/16 1:16 pm

Good for you, paflyersgal! I know it takes real courage to post a "before" picture. It took me more than a year to work up the nerve to do it. Your before picture shows a very sweet-looking young woman, but your 4-month post-op pic shows a real hottie emerging as well.

But to me, your description of how your health is improving is way more important and heartening than changes in appearance. It's wonderful that you can have both, though!

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

suzyq584
on 2/8/16 7:21 am

Congratulations Surgery Sister!  You look amazing!!!

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views