EAS whey protein powder?

Mandyymariee92
on 2/6/16 4:54 pm
VSG on 03/28/16

Has anyone ever used this kind? How is it?

jenorama
on 2/6/16 6:27 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I haven't myself. When looking at whey proteins, check the ingredient list and make sure it's all whey isolate and not concentrate. With isolate you will absorb more of the protein, so if it's 20 grams, you will absorb just about all of it. With concentrate, the absorption isn't as good. It's more of a concern for RNY folks, but isolate tends to be higher quality. 

Jen

Mandyymariee92
on 2/6/16 6:39 pm
VSG on 03/28/16

So I should be good with anything that is  protein isolate powder? Low calories, high protein of course!

jenorama
on 2/7/16 10:41 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

That should be fine. I usually look for something that's at least 30 grams per serving. I do a protein shake in the morning for a nice kick start to the day. I'm currently using one from Costco that comes in a big tub. Not the Combat, but the other one. They have one on their ad this month that comes in a bag and its $10 cheaper than the other one, but it's a combination of isolate and concentrate and I think only 25g of protein, so I passed it up. 

Jen

Minkey
on 2/6/16 9:34 pm

It's the only kind I could drink because it wasn't as chemical tasting as others.  I did get sick of it, but that happens to me a lot.  I can't eat Greek yogurt any more either.  I put sugar free strawberry or chocolate syrup in with it to make it more palatable.  You can also crush ice in with it in the blender or food processor to make it taste more like a shake. 

MelissaKay_69
on 2/7/16 6:54 am

I use Unjury protein powder. It is one my doctor recommended and tastes pretty good. I use the chocolate with milk and crushed ice. I use the vanilla with water, frozen fruit and crushed ice.

Most Active