Skin rash from Biotin?

Sammy_85
on 2/9/16 7:17 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/19/16

I started taking Biotin a week ago and my skin has been out of control for about 5 days now and I'm starting to think I'm reacting to it. I have dry itchy patches and red spots covering almost all of my face. I've never had problem skin so this is definitely out of the ordinary for me. Has anyone else experienced this? I guess I'll just have to stop taking it and see if it clears up. Damn!

L. 68
on 2/9/16 7:25 pm

I would love to hear some answers too i just started taking it in preparation for my surgery on the 1st of march i dont seem to have any major complaints.    i do have very very dry mouth im not sure if its from dehydration or from all of the vitamins ive been taking multivitamins, biotin  b12   protein drinks   not enough water  and eating and drinking alcohol  what can it be??

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

Sammy_85
on 2/9/16 7:42 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/19/16

I'm not sure what your dry mouth could be from but to help with it I would suggest Biotene dry mouth spray. It honestly saved me the day of and the day after my surgery because I wasn't allowed any fluids and my dry mouth drove me crazy. It's a great product. 

L. 68
on 2/9/16 7:43 pm

great thank you can i get that at costco or cvs  i will check maybe even amazon..!!  

" Beauty is Pain"

Sammy_85
on 2/9/16 7:56 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/19/16

I bet CVS would have it. I live in Canada and I got mine in a drugstore here.

L. 68
on 2/9/16 8:15 pm

Yes they do thanks i added it to my list along with all the other suggestions posted..  someone mentioned probiotic for constipation in the pill form can i just have the yogurt like activia..or any other brand i do not want to be constipated and straining while my stomach is healing..  

IBS is a B&*%^..  

" Beauty is Pain"

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/16 5:31 am

Biotene has lots of great products. They make a little tablet type thing that sticks on your  gum and lasts for hours. I find it sticks better and you not aware of it being there if you part 1/2 the tablet on your gum and let the other 1/2 stick to a tooth (molars work best). Can get their products far cheaper on ebay as well . Lots of times you can get a box of samples that have different products on them. I use them all the time as I am on a med that  causes dry mouth.

White Dove
on 2/9/16 7:55 pm - Warren, OH

In many people Biotin causes the growth of facial hair.  The itching and red spots are from the fine hair becoming coarser and becoming ingrown under the skin.  For a long time I got facial waxing to keep it under control.  Finally I just stopped taking Biotin and my peach fuzz facial hair went away.

Sadly it did not do anything for the hair on my scalp.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sammy_85
on 2/9/16 8:05 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/19/16

Thanks White Dove! I think the best bet is for me to stop taking it because my skin is so unbelievably irritated and I don't really want to have to start waxing my face on top of it. I know nothing will stop my hair from falling out but I was hoping it'd help with the regrowth. It's not worth it for me though. 

Mell
on 2/10/16 10:06 am

I had the same reaction to MSM maybe it has it in the supplement? 

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

Most Active