Losing the regain - down 32 lbs

acbbrown
on 2/11/16 5:32 am - Granada Hills, CA

I posted a couple weeks ago about experiencing a 70+ lb regain. I was so frustrated because nothing I tried seemed to work to get it off. I would quit wishing a few days to a week with any plan I tried. 

But 60 days ago, I decided to commit myself to an overeaters anonymous program. I gave up ALL added sugars, SF desserts, flour and a couple other personal binge foods like tortilla chips and popcorn. I developed a food plan that involves 3 meals and 2 snacks a day (except this week I'm trying just 3 meals). I don't weigh or track my food but every night before bed, I plan exactly what I'm going to eat the next day (always keeping in mind good nutritional habits I've built post op) and I commit it to a sponsor and don't deviate from it unless extraordinary cir****tances - but even then I eat according to my plan and avoid the foods on my abstinence list. 

I do a lot more than involves spiritual (but not religious) and emotional recovery - the OA program addresses all aspects of life to help recover from what they believe is a disease of the body and mind. 

My life has been changed. I have so much peace and serenity around food right now and even in the early days immediately post op - I didn't quite have this. I know a lot of people here through the years don't want anything to do with abstaining from certain foods bc they want to be "normal eaters" - maybe it works for a few and maybe it works for a year or two, but most people tend to slip back towards those "addictive" foods and struggle. At least for me, I was not ever normal and nor will I ever be and I have accepted that I HAVE to abstain from those foods that destroy my peace around food. 

It's been a complete miracle that I've been able to lose 32 lbs in 60 days. It just proves to me that when I use my tools in my tool box, including but definitely not limited to my sleeve, I can and will be successful at losing my regain and maintaining at an acceptable weight for me. I always thought that because I gained so much weight that my sleeve was deStroyed but I've found that while - yea maybe it stretched a little, I still have restriction when I eat dense protein and veggies. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

thallnc
on 2/11/16 6:14 am - NC
VSG on 02/18/15

So glad you found what works for you. Looks like you are back on the right path to get to your goal. Keep up the good work.

Height: 5'5" HW: 278.2; SW: 268.2; CW: 175.6

GoBlueGirl1998
on 2/11/16 7:04 am - MI

I'm happy that you're back on track and you have found something in OA that really works for you! Good! :)

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

Kathy S.
on 2/11/16 9:48 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Congratulations!  It's important to show no matter what our tool works if we work our tool.  32 pounds in 60 days WOOHOO!  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

acbbrown
on 2/11/16 10:45 am - Granada Hills, CA

Thank you!

~~~~Alison~~~~~

(deactivated member)
on 2/11/16 10:32 am

I'm so glad you have found a real peace. I know how much you've struggled on many levels. I understand how much relief it can give to abstain from certain foods. For some of us some foods really do come with a price tag attached! 

acbbrown
on 2/11/16 10:44 am - Granada Hills, CA

Thanks my friend :)

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Ms Shell
on 2/11/16 10:42 am - Hawthorne, CA

Wow what are the odds that when I peek my head in this is what I get to see.  I adore you my friend and you have always amazed and inspired me.  I've been BATTLING my 35lb regain/maintaining it for 4 years now and this post gives me the breath I need.

Love you Alison!! 

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

acbbrown
on 2/11/16 10:44 am - Granada Hills, CA

Omg I loooove you too!!! Nice to see you here :)

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Grim_Traveller
on 2/11/16 3:41 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Glad you peeked in!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active