Feeling a little discouraged but hanging in there- 2 1/2 weeks out from surgery

BankerBethany
on 4/28/16 3:56 pm
VSG on 04/11/16

It's been two and a half weeks since surgery. I am feeling really really good. I lost 10 pounds in the first week but the scale hasn't moved much on the second week. I am trying not to get nervous but after years of failed diets that little voice in the back of your head starts to make you think you are failing all over again!

I am currently on the puréed diet and can only eat 1 or 2 ounces at a time. My diet plan says no more then 3/4 cup total at each meal but I am lucky if I get 1/2 cup at each meal. I know my stomach is still healing and I know it takes time but I am really starting to get discouraged after this last week of not loosing and even gaining 1 or 2 pounds.

I have been doing lots of walking, as I am preparing for a 5k on May 7th. Today and yesterday have both been walks over 3 miles!

My friend has told me that she has heard about some people who have had a stall at week 2 or 3, just curious if anyone here has experienced this and if so when you started to see the scale go down again!

I wont give up and even though I like weighing myself everyday it might be time to put my scale away for a few days and not stress over it!

Bufflehead
on 4/28/16 4:16 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Virtually everyone experiences a stall somewhere between weeks 2 and 4, and it usually lasts a couple of weeks. You can do a Google search for "vsg surgery 3 week stall" or "weight loss surgery third week stall" or anything like that and you'll see tons and tons of posts about it.

My advice -- stay off the scale for the next couple of weeks. Maybe take your measurements and see if you notice movement there instead. Lots of people do! Focus on following your eating plan and getting in all your protein and fluids. Everything will fall into place.

Most Active