TOTALLY CONFUSED!

JP807
on 5/2/16 10:58 am
VSG on 04/21/16

Hey guys - I am about 12 days out and am on the soup, yogurt deal and heading into soft foods next! Just do not realize that I can drink as much and not feel really full.  Also, the same with soups and yogurts.   Is it possible for me not to feel it yet.  I mean I do and I don't,but never push the envelope.   I have been really trying here and just do not want to screw up as I already did not getting my vitamins on time. At any rate weight loss is ok - I was down 28 going into surgery and now 8 more since surgery...so around 36 right now total!  

Can anyone tell me if they felt full and or when does that come into play?

Thanks

ladygodiva1228
on 5/2/16 11:15 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On May 2, 2016 at 5:58 PM Pacific Time, JP807 wrote:

Hey guys - I am about 12 days out and am on the soup, yogurt deal and heading into soft foods next! Just do not realize that I can drink as much and not feel really full.  Also, the same with soups and yogurts.   Is it possible for me not to feel it yet.  I mean I do and I don't,but never push the envelope.   I have been really trying here and just do not want to screw up as I already did not getting my vitamins on time. At any rate weight loss is ok - I was down 28 going into surgery and now 8 more since surgery...so around 36 right now total!  

Can anyone tell me if they felt full and or when does that come into play?

Thanks

Your nerves have been cut so it will take a while maybe even a couple of months before you feel full.  Just be sure to follow your surgeons plan and don't try to pu**** 

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/2/16 1:16 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I didn't feel any sort of fullness for at LEAST 6 weeks post-op. I made sure to measure everything-- I got some 3oz paper bathroom cups and used that for things like yogurt and tuna salad. Portion things out in advance to play it safe, and it's a good habit to get into for later.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

cpreston1023
on 5/2/16 1:58 pm
VSG on 04/11/16

I didn't feel full until I hit the soft protein portion - cottage cheese etc. While on liquids I didn't feel hungry, but I never had the "full" feeling until I ate some solids.

Hope that helps!

JP807
on 5/2/16 5:35 pm
VSG on 04/21/16

that is exactly how I feel.....guess I will find out next week!  Thanks

NateH
on 5/2/16 3:08 pm
VSG on 09/26/14

I never felt full until I pushed it about 3 months out of surgery. Cut to me laying on the bathroom floor gagging and promising to ALWAYS measure and weigh my food. I never did that ever again. 

HW: 450
SW: 428 9/26/14
Reached 'normal' BMI (24.9) with a weight of 199.9: 2/5/2016

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/3/16 3:39 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am 5 weeks out and just started soft meats and cheeses last week.  Prior to that the only puréed food where I felt a restriction was scrambled eggs (not with liquids, yogurt, applesauce etc).  I also never had more than the recommended amount.  I am finding that I definitely feel "full" with about 1.2 oz of dense protein like tuna or chicken.  Though "full" isn't the same as it used to feel.  More like a "I better stop because it feels a little tight".  

BTW, I also worried that maybe I should feel more restricted as others at the surgeons office seemed to have a tougher time with some of the early amounts.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active