where is the honey moon peroid?

judeloren
on 5/18/16 10:28 am

slightly a rant here as i am so frustrated.. I am 7 weeks out of surgery and for the last month... i only lost 6.6 lbs... thats not terrible but not what i expected... problem is for the last 3 weeks i have only lost 1 lb... in the last week i gained 2.4.. is this normal? i thought considering how little i am eating that i would loose more.. or at least not gain. I know i need to start working out more i have been walking and the truth is all my labs are terrible and im so anemic i can hardly move... dr will be calling me with instructions any time now.... ideas to really get the weight moving? Im eating proteins first and i only get a few bites maybe 4 or 5 out of any meal...

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 5/18/16 11:47 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

From what I've read theres a stall around 3 month (I think) and then you may not be getting enough calories. Try talking to your nutritionist

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/18/16 8:26 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

The "classic" stall is at 3 weeks.

Weight loss does not slow due to too few calories.

Nutritionists don't always have experience with bariatric patients and their training can vary a LOT. Better idea to talk to the surgeon.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/18/16 12:14 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Are you tracking what you eat using an app like My Fitness Pal?

Are you weighing the food you put into your mouth?

How much water are you drinking daily?

Can you post a menu of what you eat on a daily basis?  It's hard to help without more information.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

judeloren
on 5/18/16 2:12 pm

i do use myfitness pal varied from 200 to 700 calories a day for breakfast i normally get a breakfast sandwich its a crescent with egg and cheese and i eat 1/3 of it.  for lunch i had 1/2 a protein bar and dinner about 3 oz of steak with a little a1.  for a snack i had about 10 pistachios.  i dont think im getting enough most days

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/18/16 8:27 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Put down the crescent roll. Carbs are NO BUENO, and there are far better choices than pistachios.

You should be going for lean, dense protein almost to the exclusion of everything else. Meat, eggs, cheese, dairy. 60-80+g protein, under 40g (or better yet, under 25g) carbs.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Jojo7l7
on 5/18/16 12:49 pm
VSG on 04/28/16

Hi was wondering how much you can eat at 7weeks out?My self I eat 3oz three time's a day and two protein drinks a day

judeloren
on 5/18/16 1:54 pm

not much my Dr wants me to eat just 3 meals and stop when im full. i haven't weighed it but i can eat 3 to 5 bites at a time.

NYMom222
on 5/20/16 4:28 am
RNY on 07/23/14

That sounds pretty normal. More Docs allow eating up to 5-6 times a day, than only having 3 meals. You are eating so little at one time. Not that 3oz is a lot, but don't fini**** just because you weighed it out, try and listen to your body and figure out when you are full.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

White Dove
on 5/18/16 12:59 pm - Warren, OH

The honeymoon period refers to the time after RNY when food is being malabsorbed.  During that eighteen months or longer weight loss is easy because the body does not absorb all the calories consumed.

With VSG, the honeymoon is psychological.  It is the period when so few calories are consumed that weight loss is quick and easy.  Exercise is great but has very little effect on weight loss.  Weigh your protein before and after you eat.  Learn exactly how much you are actually eating. Track all food on My Fitness Pal.

You need to know how many calories you are consuming, as well as how much fat, carbs, fiber and protein.  My Fitness Pal will track that information for you.  Most have to stay at about 800 calories a day while in losing mode.  Your weight loss is slow and it is possible that you are taking in more calories than you realize.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 51 views