How long before we call it a STALL?

BeautifulMe84
on 5/25/16 5:58 am
VSG on 03/10/16

Good Morning sleevers!!

I was curious as to know how much time (Days, Weeks, Months) go by before we can call it a "Stall"?? How long did your stalls last?? Look forward to seeing everyones feedback.

Momofthreeinwis
on 5/25/16 8:54 am
VSG on 05/04/16

I am wondering this too!  I feel like I am in a stall...It has been over a week and I haven't lost a single pound. I don't understand this.  It is so frustrating because I am doing everything right and eating so little!  I am 3 weeks out so I am hoping this is just the typical "dreaded" 3 week stall...

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/25/16 1:25 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

You are at 3 weeks. Yes, this is the 3 week "stall."

That said, don't expect the scale to move every day from here on out. Many people lose TONS of weight in the first few weeks post-op, which makes it surprising when things slow to an appropriate 1 or 2 lb per week afterwards.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Kathleen14
on 5/27/16 3:34 pm
VSG on 04/20/16

Don't worry too much. I'm 5 weeks out and at 3 weeks out I had the same thing happen. I posted about it and many people had the same issue. I was constipated, uncomfortable and doing all the right things then BOOM. The scale moved, I took Dulcolax (if you need it, it really help move things...) and life moved on. It seems our bodies are adjusting and I believe it's the beginning of putting more than just liquids in our stomachs that makes things change. Regardless, it's annoying and frustrating but it passes. Keep your eye on the long term prize. 

Nick S.
on 5/25/16 11:58 am, edited 5/25/16 4:58 am - Detroit, MI
VSG on 12/22/15

The best advice I've ever seen on this topic is this:

Put the scale away. Stop weighing frequently, stop focusing so hard on the number value of your weight loss.

1. If you follow your weight loss plan and do everything correctly as detailed by your medical professionals, you WILL lose the weight.

2. If you cheated, haven't been working out, whatever it is that's made you otherwise worried about a stall, just move past it and get back on plan ASAP. Then go re-read number 1.

You can do it!

Heaviest: 335   Currently: 190

VSG in December 2015

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/25/16 1:23 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Officially, a stall is 4 weeks with no change in weight and no change in measurements.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active