a 4 month stall?

LosinginAZ
on 5/27/16 7:24 am

Hi all, is there a 4 month stall I should have heard about?  I am 4 months post-op and have stopped losing. I am worrying that this is my limit, the most I can lose. Is that possible? I am nervous  I just wanted to know if it was common, or if maybe I should rethink what I am doing. I eat pretty much the same things everyday, which I actually enjoy. I am a weirdo, I know. So I know my intake is good, I drink enough water, probably do not sleep as much as I should, but I exercise daily.

In the past three days I have actually gained 2 pounds, which I know is impossible considering I eat no more than 800 calories a day, but still, it is a little frustrating. Is this a common time to have this issue? I just want to know so I can tell myself its okay, and force myself to be patient 

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

Pianolover
on 5/27/16 8:03 am

My 2 cents: Only weigh weekly or monthly...your weight fluctuates from day to day and even depending on the time of day. I don't think you can get an accurate picture of where you're really at unless you take it over a longer period of time than a day or two. Don't obsess over the scale, stick to the plan...you'll be fine!

HW: 291 --- SW (3/10/15): 264 --- CW (12/31/15) 153

luvmypuggies
on 5/27/16 9:57 am

Relax, it's OK. :)  Just one of many little pauses in this wild and wonderful journey we're on.  Make sure you're accurately tracking everything you eat every day (no "guestimating"), and watch the carbs.  If all that looks good, then be patient and you'll be just fine.

PS - You're not a weirdo.  I enjoyed the same stuff for a long time, and still do for the most part. :)

Steph Meat Hag
on 6/2/16 9:21 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Hey there. I have hit just shy of 3 months and am on a hard stall as well.  I will be honest because I need to just say it to someone anyway.  I got somewhat relaxed about keeping everything in my fitbit and what I was eating.  I'm still strickly not sweets, carbs, other junk food.  However I did find that my lunch meat might get a smear of mayo, my cheese might be two slices instead of 1, my 3oz chicken can easily be 4oz.  I'm still eating appox 800 each day but I think me not putting it ALL in the MFP is possibly not helping.  

I've been more active, I've been not drinking as much as I was, and a few other things.  Not any big changes but I think some small things here or there that I was eagle eyeing have slipped past me.  I talked to my hubs and he also has been having small/minor slips and we both agree it's the small things that has keeping the weight from continuing to plummet.  

Maybe do a once over and check that you've not been a bit more relaxed than you were in your first month or two.  I know I have been and while totally small and my calories are still about where they should be (800) I know I could do a little clean up.

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Tracy D.
on 6/2/16 2:13 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Well, in real terms we call a 4-month stall "maintenance mode".  You are eating less than 800 calories per day - how many grams of protein are you getting and how many grams of carb.  

Daily fluctuations - even 2-3 pounds - is not uncommon especially for women.  And you live in a hot climate and might be dealing with water retention too.  But the 4-month stall this early out is worrisome.  

I doubt that it's your limit.  Really scrutinize what you're eating and make sure those carbs are 20 grams or less.  Wishing you lots of patient while you figure this out :-) 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active