Motivation

Neasy
on 6/24/16 1:57 pm

Hello Everyone-

I had my surgery in March 2011. I lost 106 lbs and have re-gained about 50 back in the past two years. Completely because I am not eating right or exercising. I've been having a real struggle getting back on track so I was hoping by signing back up to this great sight I could get some encouragement and help to lose the weight again. I know exactly what I should be doing-I just don't know why I'm not doing it. I felt on top of the world at my goal weight and just really want to get back there.

So I'm back and hoping to connect with some people to help me get back on track. :) Thanks!

Kelly L.
on 6/24/16 3:58 pm

Hi, I am 5 yrs out from surgery too.  I recently came back to this forum to get back on track and lose the last 33 lbs I didn't lose.   I got off track a lot, so I never reached goal.   But I did lose 86 lbs and I am thankful for that, it changed my life.   As you said you know what to do, you're just not doing it.  Change is hard.  Once I started stocking the fridge and freezer with protein and stuff I should be eating, it made it easier to stick to plan.  You can do this, we can  do this together!!   Keep posting and reading, I think it's very helpful.  Nice to "meet" you.

Neasy
on 6/25/16 4:25 pm

thank you so much!! I am going to do two protein shakes a day for a while to get myself motivated. It's like I know once I can get through a few days I'll be better. I just need to kick my own butt!! 

cappy11448
on 6/25/16 6:42 am

I'm so glad you are back and making the commitment to getting back on track.  You can do it.

When I start gaining and need to get back on track, I start with cutting out all the carbs.  I love the carbs, but they cause cravings for me.  I try to lose weight while eating moderate levels of carbs, but I never succeed until I bite the bullet, and go cold-turkey on the carbs.

Then I cook healthy low-carb low-calorie meals.  I cut back to 3 meals a day, and the rest will follow.

I don't mean to make it sound easy.  It certainly isn't.  And my head gets in the way, trying to convince me that I can have more meals or more carbs and still lose the weight.  But in reality, I only succeed when I cut the carbs and maintain the discipline of not grazing or snacking.

best of luck.  You've got this.  It takes commitment, but it is so worth it.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

mylastchance
on 6/25/16 10:13 pm

Neasy,

I am with you in this also.  I came back to this site for the same reason.  I had been gone for a good couple of years and now I am checked back in and doing better.  It is still hard,  I had a tough last year but am taking charge of me and focusing on me much more.  I had vowed to get this under control.  I too know exactly what to do and I recently have been better doing that.  I keep telling myself that I didn't have 80% of my stomach removed to blow it and end up right back where I started.....WTF....excuse my language.... but it is true.  Why!!!  So that is where I am....I really don't want to go back to a life of unhappiness and being a wall-flower....watching from the sidelines....I have a pretty active family and am able to do things with them and want to continue to do so.  Just checking in and reading other peoples posts,  seeing that I am not alone in this struggle is sometimes enough to help me make the right decisions in the kitchen. Welcome back and good luck to you....keep on coming here and reading and studying what you know is the right thing to do and you'll get there. 

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Most Active