Last Appt on Friday!!!!

prettisleeve
on 6/28/16 4:12 pm

EGD IS FRIDAY!!!!!! Last appt before my info is sent to insurance for approval!!!! I'm super excited!!!! 

Pretty Girls Rock!!

Secrets224
on 6/29/16 1:21 pm
VSG on 09/27/16

How exciting for you!! I am up for my EGD on 7/6 and then I just have to do a breathing test and a sleep apnea study and August 2nd here I come!!! :)  Congratulations and good luck!!! :)

prettisleeve
on 6/30/16 8:30 am

You already have your surgery date? How awesome is that!!!!

Pretty Girls Rock!!

Secrets224
on 6/30/16 11:38 am
VSG on 09/27/16

Yes! Fortunately, they scheduled me for surgery on 8/2/2016, on the day of my surgical consultation. Gave me 90 days to get all of my pre-op requirements done! I am almost done now. Just waiting for the EGD on 7/6, breathing test on 7/13 and sleep apnea study on 7/19. 2 week pre-op diet i'll be starting in about 2 weeks. SUPER EXCITED to start this journey and finally feel and look like the real me as i see myself inside! :)   

prettisleeve
on 6/30/16 12:02 pm

Girl that is sooooo good!!!! I'm hoping to get an August surgery date!!! I have to get my insurance approval 1st. I'm so happy to almost be done with all the testing.

Pretty Girls Rock!!

Secrets224
on 6/30/16 12:20 pm
VSG on 09/27/16

Yes I was extremely excited! My insurance is very easy to get approved through (or so they told me at the surgeon's office), but i didn't know what to expect. But after checking with them, there are no pre-requirements for the surgery, just that there is a recommendation for it from a doctor. Then I have to meet my deductible first and then after that, they pay 50%. Well, joke's on them because I am having the surgery in a hospital and have to stay for a night or two so they can't bill me until after I leave... :) :) :) 

prettisleeve
on 7/5/16 10:51 am

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahaha!! I know that's right!!!! That made me smile.  The pysch office pissed me off so bad on Friday!! My EGD went great but I found out the psych doc did not clear me. He lied to me. I feel like they are milking my insurance...Ugh!! So now I have to drive across town tomorrow morning so get my clearance

Pretty Girls Rock!!

Secrets224
on 7/5/16 11:26 am
VSG on 09/27/16

Girl, this whole ordeal has been like a guessing game. I met a surgeon once, 2 months ago. He can't perform the surgery because he's not in my insurance plan, so they referred me to his colleague, who by reputation is a better doctor, but still, havent met her. I won't meet her until 2 weeks from now, I assume when i have to start my pre-op diet? Lol. Im basically just doing everything i need to do on my own because im showing up for surgery that day and somebody better be there to do it along with all my clearances! Lolllllll! I'm holding up my end of the bargain, they better step it up!!! :) 

prettisleeve
on 7/5/16 12:13 pm

Yasssssssssss!!! Stay on them!! Once I get my clearance from the psych doctor everything will be submitted to the insurance and I am so anxious to figure out when my surgery date will be! Have you been getting anything ready for your surgery like what to pack and stuff?

Pretty Girls Rock!!

Secrets224
on 7/5/16 12:40 pm
VSG on 09/27/16

I am ON IT! Believe me!! :) After reading all of the threads on this site, I have concluded to just bring my brush, an extra hair tie, toothbrush, loose fitting pants and shirt, slip on sandals, extra pillow, phone charger and myself. They said everything else that people "recommend", you never get around to using because you are either sleeping, resting or walking around to get the gas pains to go away. So, that'll be all my bag consists of. I went out and bought myself (and my daughters) cute bright pink toddler food trays that have the separate compartments to make it easy to portion meals and it'll be fun because we can all eat on the same plates :) I've stocked up on shakes, soup, i bought this great ice pop maker tray so I can freeze the crystal light into it and suck on it as sugar free ice pops during the clear liquid post-op.  They also make great frozen yogurt pops and i've even poured protein shakes into them and it makes them like ice cream. Very cool!!! I took 2 weeks off from work and i'll be back at it in no time :) How about you?

Most Active