NSV

katblue
on 6/30/16 5:04 am
VSG on 04/06/16

I had my surgery April 6 - almost 3 months ago.  I'm down a total of 62.5 pounds - not at goal yet but over halfway there.  I needed to buy a few clothes that actually fit me - but I'm kind of between departments/stores.  I bought a couple last week.  I can wear some XL in "regular" stores or 1X in the big girls store.  So yesterday I walked into a CJ Banks and the lady came up to me and asked me if I meant to be there.  She asked me if I was looking for regular sizes.  I looked her dead in the eye and said, "I could kiss you".  I then choked up and explained that I had VSG almost 3 months ago.  Amazing, just amazing!  

Thanks to all of you!!! The hospital did a great job of preparing me for surgery.  But you all have done a great job of helping me since then - you helped me believe that I could actually "do this". I am following your advice on goals for calories/carbs/protein/water.  I have listened to you as you share your goals and victories, and helped me with strategies, struggles, and in understanding "stalls".  What a great support group you are!

Thank you!

5'7"  Start Wt 268.5 / VSG SURGERY 4/6/16 249.5 / CW 192

/ GOAL 158

M1-24  M2-9  M3-11.9 M4 - in progress

Sandra F.
on 6/30/16 6:21 am

Awesome NSV.  I had a similar experience some time ago.  I am still in a 14/16 and this is the smallest size they sell at Catherines.  I walked in and the woman looked very skeptically at me as to whether I was in the right store or not.  And then she asked me outright.  I was elated and I'm sure you are too. 

mmsmom
on 6/30/16 11:42 am - Woburn, MA

that's wonderful!  and what an inspiration to stay on track!  I had a similar experience.  I was in the Coach outlet and was going to try on a red trenchcoat - yes, red!!  And I said, "I'm not sure if the small will fit."  The woman said "In what world are you NOT a small"  :D :D :D  It fit and I bought it.  Two years later, I still hold up my pants and think they will never get on me.

VSG on 04/28/2014

Naomi S.
on 6/30/16 6:01 pm - Southwest Metro, MN
VSG on 06/03/16

Christopher Banks is a wonderful store/company. Seven years ago I lost 100+ lbs on my own. As I neared regular sizes, I stopped into CB every two weeks to try on an XL shirt. For the first two months the shirt didn't fit, so I'd tell the sales lady, Not yet, and she'd say, See you in two weeks. I was so excited when the shirt did fit, and she celebrated with me!  I actually still have it, you're story reminded me of that. I can't wait to wear it again when I'm in regular sizes!

Congrats on your NSV!

Naomi

AMAZEBALLS
on 7/5/16 4:55 am - Dieppe, Canada
VSG on 04/19/16

Awesome!!!

" I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday"

VSG: April 19, 2016, Dr. Beausoleil, Moncton NB, Canada

5' 2'' HW:276 SW:267 CW:149 GW:150 DreamW:136

Most Active