New here got some questions!

Izzy311
on 7/16/16 3:00 pm
VSG on 07/07/16

Hello. I am 9days post op and finally feeling good! I heard so many people say recovery was a breeze but I think they're crazy or they forgot! Anyway, I'm wondering what everyone's favorite type of firming lotion is. Just starting to think about skin sagging and am hoping to combat it even if its just a little. Also, I seem to be able to drink a lot of fluids, I'm worried my sleeve is bigger than most. Is that a thing? Thanks!

LeapSecond
on 7/16/16 4:21 pm - AR

It depends on skin elasticity (genetics), age and how overweight you have been.  Most morbidly obese people have to deal with it on some level.  I was very lucky in that respect.  Weight training does help to tone the muscle tissue beneath the skin.  What I hear the most is pretty much just save your money for plastics on the loose skin issue.  

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Rothsteh
on 7/16/16 5:26 pm
VSG on 06/27/16

Hi I was thinking the same thing that I could take too much. I am 19 days post op and was able to find the same as you. I will assume this is normal :). 

Izzy311
on 7/16/16 5:59 pm
VSG on 07/07/16

Yeah I have no problem getting in all they say to get. I guess that means I'll have to be really strict on not drinking while eating. 

White Dove
on 7/16/16 6:57 pm - Warren, OH

Nivea Q10 is the best I have used.  It really helps to use an exfoliant first.  People will tell you no lotion will help, but try the Nivea for two weeks and judge for yourself.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

diane S.
on 7/17/16 3:32 pm

Congrats on your sleeve. Be thankful you can drink a lot of fluids. I had an easy surgery and recovery but slow to develop fluid consumption ability.  When you get to mushy foods, all may change.  Ask your surgeon what size bougie he used in sizing your tummy.

As for firming lotion, I didn't bother so no help here. I have elephant skin but I am 64 years old and don't care. No bikinis for me. I do use retina-A on my face because my formerly unwrinkled poofed out fat face suddenly got wrinkles.  hate that. I am not going to do any plastics except I sure would like a face lift.    Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

katblue
on 7/17/16 8:30 pm
VSG on 04/06/16

Be careful with how much you drink at one time.  Although liquids don't stay in your stomach long, you also aren't fully healed and may not be a great judge of whether you are "full".  I also worried that my sleeve was bigger because i felt like I could consume a little more than 4 oz. but I find that now, when I begin by consuming dense protein (beef, chicken, salmon...), that I cannot consume very much - that I do get full quick.  I can eat more of say salad - but that is not dense protein. Just follow the doctor's orders and you should be good!

5'7"  Start Wt 268.5 / VSG SURGERY 4/6/16 249.5 / CW 192

/ GOAL 158

M1-24  M2-9  M3-11.9 M4 - in progress

katblue
on 7/17/16 8:30 pm
VSG on 04/06/16
Valerie G.
on 7/18/16 4:34 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Firming lotion is useless.  Stretched skin is permanently damaged and irreparable..especially if you see many stretch marks already.

Your genetics and age play a huge factor of how your skin will react, but no magic lotion or exercise will combat nature, I'm afraid, so don't waste your money.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

SherBear1481
on 7/18/16 3:08 pm
VSG on 06/29/16

I am only a week ahead of you, so I have no advice when it comes to lotions but... I was also worried about the amount of liquids I could drink. I was paranoid they didn't take enough of my stomach. I talked to my nutritionist and she said it was completely normal. Liquids pass through quickly.  Now that I am eating more solid foods I can definitely feel the fullness. If I eat to fast or too much there is a very distinct discomfort. I am really working on eating slower and following the recommended portions. It's all a learning game!

Most Active