3 months out

Courage2Enjoy
on 7/30/16 5:59 am
VSG on 04/28/16

So I am a little over three months out and I am loving my sleeve!

First - for all the newbies...yes I too thought what in the world did I do to myself.  I thought that for at least 2 weeks.  I fought hard to get those shakes in, it would take me almost 3 hours to drink just one...but I overcame.  I choose wisely when eating...I don't shy away from carbs and always think PROTEIN.

I participate in cross fit/circuit training at least 1x, but my goal is 2x with a cardio kickboxing class.  I will admit that the past couple of weeks I haven't been able to go (in the process of selling our house/packing); but I get in my workouts some how.

I focus on 60 g of protein and at least 40 oz of water a day.  It's not always easy, I still don't really feel hungry but I eat my three meals and two snacks.  

Choices are so much easier with this tool.  For example, last night for a quick meal my husband made pizza for the family.  I instead took a jicama tortilla put a very small spread of cream cheese and some shaved deli meat and voila there was my meal.  I had to eat it very slowly so that I didn't feel too full but I did not crave the pizza, I did not eat the pizza and felt completely satisfied.

I started this journey in January weighing 277 lbs.  I had 4 months of diet visits required by my insurance.  On 4/28/16 I was weighing 256 and had my VSG.  Today I weigh 201 lbs.  I went from a pant size 24 and I am now in 16/18.  I feel great, I don't have to take high blood pressure meds, I have energy to play with my kids, my family sees the difference and compliments how great I look...this is not why I had the surgery (to look great) instead, it was to feel great, to be healthy, to live longer...smaller clothes is just a plus!

I still have a little ways to my goal but I am confident that I will get there with my change in eating habits and this tool I feel it is in arms reach!  Good luck to all those prepping for surgery and keep on trying to those that have had set backs!!!

lauren03935
on 7/30/16 8:07 am
VSG on 07/08/16

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing your story, it gives me hope!

Murk
on 7/30/16 9:57 am
VSG on 07/11/16

Thanks for posting where you're at.

I'm 3 weeks out and seeing results like yours helps make it all worthwhile. I would LOVE to fit in a size 18 at 3 months, we shall see. Right now I'm thinking ugh, is this going to work? Did I do the right thing? But I know if I'm patient, results like yours are coming my way.

Great job, so good to hear about your results!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 40 views