Post H. Pylori Infection

Secrets224
on 8/23/16 11:33 am
VSG on 09/27/16

So, i haven't written in a few weeks. I was 12 days pre-op when i got hit with a huge whammy curveball... "Sorry, we have to postpone your surgery, you have an H. Pylori infection and we can't clear you for surgery". Greatttt...  I have no issues with my stomach ordinarily, but apparently this nasty little infection was in my stomach lining and living there nice and comfy in my stomach acid... How nice.  Anyways, after choking down 2 weeks of 3,000 mg  (yes, 3,000) of antibiotics per day along with an acid reducer/blocker and thereafter, continued daily acid blocker... now... my stomach is bothering me daily every time i eat. Ugggghhhhhh! I have my second endoscopy on Monday 8/29 to check to see if the infection is gone completely, and I will await the clearance from the Gastro within the following 2 weeks (fingers crossed). If it isn't one thing, it's another... never fails.  Has anyone else experienced this post-treatment discomfort? 

Now to re-schedule my surgery for another date is the next obstacle. I know its only 2 days of my life that will be disrupted, but with a job and kids, it doesn't really work out that easily and there is alot involved... Wish me luck. 

Most Active