LIQUID DEIT

cmysix
on 8/25/16 9:04 am

OK my date is Sept 13{my lucky day} I plan on starting the liquid diet on Sunday the 4th of Sept, My BMI only being in the 40's I only have to do a week, Can you add "freeze dried veggies or onions to your broth or soup? how about mushrooms? any tips would be welcome

rachelp
on 8/25/16 9:24 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Are you talking about for flavor? Sure. But not to eat them. Are you on clear liquids? What does your plan say?

Congrats on your surgery date! Good luck!

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

Keith L.
on 8/25/16 9:38 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Short answer is no, but its not that simple. Check with your doctor's office. Each doctor has a slightly different program, so its best to check with them. You can use bouillon to flavor your broth. My wife and I really enjoyed some homemade and boxed bone broth although the boxed stuff needed some bouillon to doctor it up. My homemade stuff was much better and to be honest very satisfying. It also has a bit more fat and collagen than traditional broth so it keeps you feeling full longer.

Here again, clear this with your doctor's office as they want you to be low fat to reduce the size of your liver and they may frown on added fat.

Great soups we found for this was Vietnamese Pho broth only, very tasty and clear. Wonton soup without the wontons, also very tasty. Matzah ball soup without the Matzah (eat around the carrots, etc.).

When you are on full liquids, you will want to make sure nothing solid goes through. Its the most difficult time of the pre-op diet.

k

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

ladygodiva1228
on 8/25/16 12:20 pm - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

If your instructions from your doctor are liquids only then no you cannot add any freeze dried or other types of veggies to the soup or broth. 

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Most Active