2nd Endoscopy tomorrow/Surgery re-scheduled

Secrets224
on 8/28/16 6:10 am
VSG on 09/27/16

Going in for my repeat endoscopy tomorrow to make sure the stomach infection is completely gone. And...  I optimistically re-scheduled my surgery for 9/27 now. So, finger crossed,  the results come back clear and I can be on my way to the losers bench.   

cappy11448
on 8/28/16 6:56 am

I'm wishing you the best of luck with the stomach infection.  I hope you can go ahead as scheduled. 

I am so happy with my sleeve.  I want everyone struggling with obesity to have a chance at a healthier life.

best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Secrets224
on 8/28/16 7:40 am
VSG on 09/27/16

Thank you so much! I took all the medicine as prescribed,  I don't foresee any problems. I'm just ready to proceed! 

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/28/16 8:51 am

You took a lot of antibiotics - it may be a good idea to take a serious daily doses of probiotics. At least till the surgery.  

When I take antibiotics - I try to follow that with probiotics. My first choice is VSL#3 avalilable in Costo pharmacy (you have to ask for it) . it is not cheap but it is worth the money IMO. 

Good luck. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Secrets224
on 8/30/16 7:35 pm
VSG on 09/27/16

I was taking the acidophilus while I was on the antibiotics bc it killed my stomach and upset essentially every other balance I had in my body. I'm hoping I don't have to retreat,  but I will definitely look into a good prebiotic,  maybe BJ's has one bc I don't have a Costco membership. I will look into that. Thank you for the suggestion!! 

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/31/16 5:52 am

Taking probitics while on antibiotics can help but as you taking them - the antibiotic is killing the probiotics. The acididofulus by itself is really not strong enough to help with restoring the gut bacteria. The VLS#3 has more very potent strains that are suppose to be much better for that. 

I wish I knew after RNY to take them. 

Btw - I was told you DON'T need Costco membership to use their pharmacy. The pharmacy is independent - just offers Costco members some discounts some time and convinient location - while you shop there - you get your meds. BJ's may have that - call them and ask for price, then call Costco and Sam's pharmacy and compare prices. 

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Secrets224
on 9/1/16 1:16 pm
VSG on 09/27/16

Wow, that's great! I will have to check it out. I didnt know what to do because the antibiotics were so strong that it was literally giving me pain in other areas... (terrible yeast infection), so i had to do something. But i took the antibiotics first thing in the morning, took the acidophilus in the afternoon and then about 6-8 hours later, i took the other antibiotics. I was trying to counteract the terrible yeast infection this crap was giving me. I will definitely have to look into that VLS#3 and see if i can use their pharmacy

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/1/16 1:18 pm

Everytime I get antibiotics now my doc prescribes me yeast meds - Rx. Diflucan. That controls the yeast. 

then I take the probiotics.  

Kelly L.
on 8/28/16 4:00 am

9/27 is just around the corner, here's hoping the endoscopy goes well!!

rachelp
on 8/28/16 7:52 pm
VSG on 08/01/16

Fingers crossed!!!

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

Most Active