Anyone develop lichen planus?

happyteacher
on 10/16/16 3:10 pm

Just curious if anyone out there developed lichen planus post op. I highly doubt there is any correlation, but given supplements are recommended for low d and such I thought I would ask. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Donna L.
on 10/16/16 5:35 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

It's actually known that people get it as a reaction to dental fillings.  I went to the dentist the other day and he (randomly without my prompting) mentioned it as a bit of nerd trivia because it's probably the only autoimmune disorder I don't have...heh.  I've also heard of it occurring in people after they get surgical procedures, usually from a reaction to the sutures or mesh.  Everything I've seen is correlational, though.  I've never seen a causational study with WLS in particular. 

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

happyteacher
on 10/17/16 4:01 pm

The Facebook group tosses the dental fillings thing around online. I will be having the conversation at my next dental appointment. Not real big at the moment on the idea of having a lot of work done, as the OLP is making my mouth pretty sore. I also believe it is from surgical procedures in my case. Over the last couple years I have had double digit major surgeries, with the OLP kicking in after one of the surgeries. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active