Help; been having really bad 'gas pain?' attacks..

rissa1224
on 10/16/16 4:25 pm - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

So, a few times I have had these "gas pain" attacks as I call it. 

I feel a pressure build up in my solar plexus, and I just know its coming. It feels like my insides are being squeezed like an orange, I cant breath. I feel like I need to curl in a fetal position and someone is stabbing me. It's so hard to breath from the pain? If anyone has had a 'gall bladder' attack, its worse than that.

Now, I have had my VSG Dec 2012. I had my gallbladder out March 2013, and my appendix out August 2013. 

I had a really bad attack (before on Friday night) in February of this year, and wound up in the hospital because it was one attack after another. It turned out I also was having a stomach bug at the same time (from a birthday party I was at 2 days before and 70% of the people got the bug). I had another attack a few months ago (but I drank beer, and ate really badly on a small vacation to Boston, so that was my fault).

This past friday I had 2 full blown attacks. I have eaten extremely healthy as I should be for a VSG patient. I had an endoscopy in Feb of this year due to how many attacks i had before i gave in and went to the ER. Didnt really get a FU visit with the doctor but on the phone he said 'maybe celiac, maybe a gluten thing'. Well, I am at a loss for words. I am making an appt to see that doctor again to actually do more talking in person, but I wanted to reach out to you all to see if anyone else has had this happen? Or any idea what the heck is wrong. It is extremely painful, and scary. 

AK_Gipson
on 10/17/16 3:28 am
VSG on 04/14/14

It may be acid reflux. 

In your healthy eating did you eat tomatos ? Or citrus ? Acidic food? Do the attacks go away within a hour or so?

i had to have a bravo endoscopy. They measured the acid in my stomach for a couple of days.

mine is so bad at times my surgeon has mentioned getting a revivsion to rny. I am on protonix in the am, and 2 Zantac a day. 

HW:292 / SW:258 / CW 173.9

rissa1224
on 10/17/16 5:32 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

I don't eat tomatoes. I try to avoid sauce. I eat shakes veggies hummus (I'm thinking the gasy foods may be the issue when the gas doesn't come out). I eat salads not a lot of fruit except some berries. He also mentioned, after my endoscopy in feb) that there may be some Stone trying to pass. What Stone? I don't have a gallbladder. I don't want to rely on antacids for the rest of my life but, if it helps prevent theses god awful dying feeling attacks I'll take it. Now, did you see your stomach surgeon or a gastro?

AK_Gipson
on 10/17/16 5:50 am
VSG on 04/14/14

Stomach surgeon 

rissa1224
on 10/17/16 8:29 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

What is a 'bravo' endoscopy, and how did they measure the acid for a few days? I am waiting for a call from the Gastro who did my endoscopy earlier this year.

AK_Gipson
on 10/17/16 1:07 pm
VSG on 04/14/14

They attach a small monitor to your stomach lining and monitor your levels for a couple of days. You get a box that you press buttons on when you feel acid, nauseous, pain etc...  The monitor passes out of your system in a couple of days. 

rissa1224
on 10/18/16 5:50 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

That sounds brutal.

AK_Gipson
on 10/18/16 6:11 am
VSG on 04/14/14

Actually you cant feel it at all. Worse part was no antiacid meds so I was pushing the buttons a lot LOL 

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/17/16 4:48 am

I used to get that when I had hernia and twisted intestine stuck in hernia.  The pain was horrible...then it would pass until the next attack.  

Scans did not show any abnormalities.  Only during lap surgery doc found and fixed the hernia... Adhesions can also caused that. "Strungulate the intestine". 

Hope you find an answer. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

rissa1224
on 10/17/16 5:33 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Was the attack pain in your mid solar plexus? That's where mine is. I can't breath. I sweat. I can hardly take a breath  in but I can't breath out. It's scary and I almost pass out from it. 

Most Active