Dr Umbach??

jeralandy
on 10/28/16 2:01 am, edited 10/28/16 7:23 am

Hi everyone, 

Tomorrow I'm going to my primary care doctor to be cleared for surgery. I've decided to go with Dr Umbach in Las Vegas. Has anyone else here used him? I've seen some reviews on this site and found some on other web sites. Most seem favorable but, as expected, there are some bad ones as well. I can't seem to shake the feeling that I'm making a mistake. Can you help to put my mind at ease?

Kathy S.
on 10/28/16 9:31 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi jeralandy,

We did a search for you and found these threads/posts for Dr. Umbach.  We hope this helps....

http://www.obesityhelp.com/search/?q=dr.+Umbach

Let us know if we can do anything else to help!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

jeralandy
on 10/28/16 5:58 pm

Thanks for the info. I've read those. What I was really looking for is a reputable site where I can view a doctor's credentials and stats such as their success rate. Do you know where I can find something like that?

thejiffer
on 10/29/16 6:02 pm
VSG on 12/19/16

Any surgeon worth their salt should be willing to provide you with their success/complication rates, etc. if you ask for them. I've not found a reliable place to get those stats online, but I'd bet the surgeon wouldn't be surprised or offended if you asked directly at your consultation.

As far as credentials, malpractice claims, sanctions on their license, and stuff like that - your state medical board website is probably the most reliable source. For Nevada, it's the State Board of Medical Examiners. Here's a link to search for license and malpractice info for any doc licensed in the state: License Verification Search. There's also a list of all the practitioners the board has disciplined (doesn't look like Umbach is on it.)

Hope it helps!

jeralandy
on 10/29/16 10:28 pm

Thank you so much. That helps a lot.

Most Active