Sooo frustated with Insurance!!

Trixie917
on 12/2/16 11:40 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/05/16

I'm scheduled for VSG at 10:00 a.m. on Monday. The hospital just called me today at noon to tell me she still hasn't gotten approval.  Cigna is telling her that they don't pay for the facility, only the doctor.  I spent over 30 minutes on hold and the Cigna agent I talked to said they are paying for 1 night stay.  So I called the hospital back but of course she needs approval directly from Cigna.  She's calling Cigna back and asking for a supervisor. 

If they don't get this resolved in the next couple of hours I guess it's not going to be done on Monday.  I'm soooo frustrated!!!  Has this happened to anyone else??

Jessica

akindofmagick
on 12/2/16 12:13 pm - MD

I didn't have quite your last minute issue, but was also only authorized a one night stay, and panicked. The financial person told me not to worry, it was typical of insurance (Aetna, for me), and I would be staying at least 2 nights. Everything turned out splendidly. Let the hospital person do her job - she's got the experience and knows the right words - plus she's got the motivation to get you in there so they can get their $$$!!

Hang tight - I believe you'll be just fine!!

I've been fat, and I've been thin - and thin is better.  

There is a better way. --Alaine of Lyndar 
--------------------------
HW: 234. SW: 228 (18 June 2015). GW: 137. Specs: 50ish, 5'4"

Trixie917
on 12/2/16 12:45 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/05/16

Thanks so much for your response!  I'm glad to hear that everything worked out.   The financial person called me back and says they've got it worked out.  I'm scheduled for 10:00. I can't wait to be on the other side. :)

akindofmagick
on 12/2/16 12:58 pm - MD

HOORAY!!!!!!! You're on your way!! So happy for you!!! Stay in touch after the surgery!!

I've been fat, and I've been thin - and thin is better.  

There is a better way. --Alaine of Lyndar 
--------------------------
HW: 234. SW: 228 (18 June 2015). GW: 137. Specs: 50ish, 5'4"

Anita
on 12/2/16 12:44 pm

Didn't have that experience this time but when I was going for my lap-band 10 years ago, the girl in the doctor's office called me two days before my scheduled surgery to tell me that she had forgotten to send in the docs in time.............OMG...........seriously????? Needless to say, I went ballistic on her AND I switched doctors, but it put me back 6 months. When I revised to the sleeve in June, the insurance coordinator not only took care of things immediately, she kept me in the loop all along. So, whereas I didn't have your experience, I certainly understand your frustration and distress. Keep your chin up.....as the other answers have said....let the hospital person do their job as they know what to say and how to get it done.

Then.....let us know as soon as you're able to get online so that we can officially welcome you to the Loser's Bench.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Trixie917
on 12/2/16 12:47 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/05/16

Thanks for your response!  The financial lady got back to me and it looks like I'm all set for 10:00!

I can't wait to be on the Loser's Bench with all of you!  I'll check in Monday or Tuesday.

Jessica

Anita
on 12/2/16 1:37 pm

FANTASTIC news....see, the stars are lining up in your favor. Have a super weekend and get ready to start on a whole new and healthy life!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

AD_Jordan
on 12/2/16 9:25 pm

I'm so glad this worked out for you! CIGNA is the #1 cause of all my grey hair! :)

VSG on 11/15/16 . . . HW: +/- 265 . . . SW: 252 . . . CW: 187 (as of 5/22/17)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views