praise report! 2 days post op

mjbrice_83
on 12/3/16 3:03 pm
VSG on 12/01/16

All went well with my surgery and hernia repair! I am feeling sore as to be expected. More than anything I am excited to see where this journey leads me. Getting down the liquid pain meds is the worst. I am able to drink 2 oz of a protien shake in abt a 40 minute time frame. I forgot to ask the doc abt sugar free cough drops because my throat is sore. A shower has never felt so good... even huntched over :)

Jammur
on 12/4/16 6:07 am
VSG on 10/12/16

For me, the first two weeks were horrible, but it gets better. I was on clear liquids though, and I see you are drinking a protein shake already. I don't think there are any hard fast rules on it though, as I have seen different plans from different doctors. My friend who has the VSG was eating mushy food 3 days out, so like I said, its different depending on your doctor. Just keep hydrating! Good luck and welcome aboard!

Donna L.
on 12/4/16 3:25 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I laughed when I read about the shower.  That is so true for all abdominal surgery.  It is literally the best shower ever even if you have to sit to take it!

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Babygotsleeved
on 12/5/16 3:52 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

So glad all went well with the surgery and repair! Just keep drinking!

Prayers for your continued good recovery. :)

Most Active