Weight loss

dawncoates
on 12/28/16 12:51 pm
VSG on 12/07/16

I was sleeved December 7, 2016 since then I have lost 9 pounds is this right or should I be losing more? What am I doing wrong? I barely have an appetite and I mainly eat protein shakes and baby food. Any suggestions or advice?

ebonymc
on 12/28/16 3:34 pm

I haven't had surgery yet, but I'll take those numbers in 3 weeks. I really don't know what the average weight loss is for that amount of time. Sounds like your on the right path.

jachristmas
on 12/28/16 3:34 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

Everyone loses differently, but that's about 3 lbs a week and sounds pretty good. I was sleeved on Dec. 14th and when I weighed in at my 2 week appt today I was down 8 lbs. Do a search on the 3 week stall and there is lots of info about that. I think weight loss can also slow as you start to introduce more solid food. If you continue to follow your surgeons plan you will lose.

Valerie G.
on 12/29/16 5:07 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

What's in the baby food?  Check for sugar in the contents, for many brands are high in sugar and carbs.  That being said, you probably don't have room to eat much of even that, so your body may just be slow to kick into gear.  Also keep in mind that you probably gained some water weight during surgery, thanks to the IV and that had to go first.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active