FUN NSV

Anita
on 1/16/17 1:41 pm

Hi All.....

I was at a party on Saturday and someone I hadn't seen in a few months came over and gushed about how good I'm looking (as you all can imagine....that felt good!) and she asked me if I've been having fun shopping for new clothes. I told her that I've done most of my shopping in my closet, going through the range of sizes there. I also said that I've officially run out of slacks and would have to bite the bullet and go find some soon. My boyfriend smiled and said that he's really proud of me for working so hard at this and then he said we'd go out the next day and he wanted to buy me some new clothes.

We went to the Avenue store the next day and I had to laugh because he asked if I minded if he didn't sit around (he HATES shopping) and I told him I'd be fine.......the saleswoman told me that she thought he was adorable the way he asked me......and I agreed. I picked up a pair of slacks and a pair of jeans. When he came back, he asked if I wanted to get a few more things and I thanked him and told him I'll wait til the next size down. He was cool with that. I love that man!!!!! The only problem......I'm at the smallest size in Avenue and it's been so long since I've shopped anywhere else, I'm not sure where to go next.....but I know I'll figure it out .....soon I hope!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Rachel B.
on 1/16/17 1:46 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

FUN!!!  I hope to be shopping in my skinny boxes in a couple months.  Then, it's off to BUCKLE!!!!  MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Lipsticklady
on 1/16/17 1:54 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

That's so much fun!!  Find some higher end consignment stores and go crazy!  It's a great way to see how clothes from different places like Loft, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Buckle, etc. fit.  Plus, the buy prices are usually great.

Fun times.

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Anita
on 1/16/17 3:00 pm

I was in one of them the other day.....they had super prices, but nothing that I liked.....will continue trying though as I know about the savings. In this particular shop I found a really nice leather purse for a whopping $1..........it was like brand new and I use it all the time.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/17/17 8:59 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I used ThredUP.com extensively when dropping sizes.  The "like new" or "New with tags" were so great that most of my maintenance wardrobe came from there as well.  MANY choices/brands.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Anita
on 1/17/17 6:51 pm

I've heard of ThredUP.....just haven't checked them out......but I will now! Thanks for the suggestion - I had forgotten the name.

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/17 2:08 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

What a great feeling, Anita! I am so proud of you too. Sharing your joy and happiness with you. Your next step will be a regular women's clothing store.  OMG, can you believe it???  So cool. Your boyfriend sounds like a sweetheart!  Being supportive and kind .... he's a winner.  Great to see you here today.  I missed you.

Anita
on 1/16/17 2:57 pm

Thanks....he's wonderful! Busy weekend though and it was all good thankfully. But....I learned a valuable lesson - I took a small piece of the anniversary cake (it's my best friend's 50th) and instead of taking one or two bites, I ate half of it......(small slice, but still way more than I should have indulged in)....boy did I pay for it........I felt awful for about an hour. Won't be doing that again!!!! It was probably the sugar or it could have been the flour...either way......I'm down 58 pounds and not looking to cause myself any issues.

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/17 3:42 pm, edited 1/16/17 7:42 am
VSG on 10/31/16

It is wild how we can't eat like we used to.  Christmas I ate a few Russian Teacakes .... I paid for it too.  

I think it is the sugar and flour.  We just continue to move forward ... we are doing it!  

diane S.
on 1/16/17 4:50 pm

very fun indeed. and speaking of shopping, isn't it fun to go to some discount store and whiz past all the XXX stuff. You actually have to hunt for the smalls.  Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active