Hello

LadyT313
on 1/20/17 3:49 pm
VSG on 11/22/16

Hello All I am new to this site...dah  I had my surgery VSG on 11/22/2016. I am feeling lots of emotions. What was it like for anyone else in the first 8 weeks?

happyteacher
on 1/20/17 4:33 pm

I remember it feeling like it was a full time job at first. I was constantly reading up, trolling forums, planning out what I could eat, and making every adjustment I could. Mentally it just seemed like it consumed my days, especially the first couple of weeks. By 8 weeks I was not sore, but still more tired than normal at work. I was exercising by then happy dance and just full on into the process. That is also about the time some of the crap food (not much, just a tad here and there) was reintroduced. I had gotten to the point where craving sweets had lost it holds on me, and I could really taste foods natural sweetness. Not anymore. My over splenda use has once again made sweet needing high levels to taste and I always crave sweets. At 8 weeks I had not lost enough for people to notice yet- I would have to lose 70 pounds before people started to realize I was losing weight.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Nura777
on 1/21/17 12:25 am

Welcome! 

It's an emotional rollercoaster for me right now, so what you're going thru is common. It's not always a bed of roses for everyone postop. This is a life changing matter and it will take time for you to adjust. I recently started therapy to sort out my emotions and deal with the anxiety and depression (never experienced any the like this before) and its helping. 

LadyT313
on 1/30/17 4:13 pm
VSG on 11/22/16

Ty... and yes therapy is a huge help. i am an emotional eater and talking about what going on with me really makes a differance. 

Most Active