My 600lb life doing alot of VSG this season

asapgerard1984
on 1/21/17 12:17 pm

So anyone else watch this show seems like dr now is doing alot of vsg on his patients. I would love to meet him has anyone met him or had surgery from him on this board?c

Readyjwc
on 1/21/17 1:59 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

I've been watching and yes, there have been a lot of VSG's so far. I cried at the episode with the twins....

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/21/17 3:17 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I met him at the OH conference last year. He's a really nice person. Check out the post Nik made on the main forum for links to the oh conference & the fireside chats with him.

It does seem that he's doing a lot of VSG's this season, but I think part of it is because the people he's operating on are very sick & might not make it thru a longer surgery. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/17 3:36 pm, edited 1/21/17 7:37 am - CA

T, absolutely agree with you!   In the beginning I was like why not the RNY, but then I realized most have co morbids that would not allow them to be under gen anesthesia as long as the RNY would take, so he is doing what is best for their overall conditions.    It shows just how much he does think about his patients well being.  He is one hell of a person and Dr.   

I hope you will try to make it to the OH2017 this year.   I would love to have more time talking to you.  I am sorry we didn't get to talk as much, but I did enjoy meeting you and Audrey and Kate     I really hope I get to see you all again!!!!

Nik  

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/21/17 3:47 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Yeah, some people just might not be healthy enough to make it thru a longer surgery, but the option to go to the DS is there if they can lose some of the weight & get healthy enough to go for the longer surgery if they need/want it.

Yes girl I do plan on going to the OH conference this year & hope to see you again! Now can you go drag Kathy away from her desk & be there too? lol 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/17 3:49 pm - CA

So glad you are coming this year!   I will definitely try to get Kathy there as well.    There are a lot of people who want to finally meet  her, so maybe we need to start a petition, now.  

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/17 5:55 pm, edited 1/21/17 9:56 am
VSG on 10/11/16

I only watched part of one show, and it was discouraging to say the least. I have to wonder though, if he is doing more sleeves because that also sets the stage for a duodenal switch down the road. These people have a LOT to lose, and it seems like the DS is the most aggressive procedure out there. 

Oops!  I see that was already mentioned. Sorry!

jachristmas
on 1/21/17 3:41 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

The episode with the twins had me crying. He has been doing more VSG. The ones getting it do seem to be rather sick, and he is concerned about them being under anesthesia for so long. He appears to be a very caring doctor on TV, kind but tough when necessary. I'd love to meet him!

White Dove
on 1/21/17 7:24 pm - Warren, OH

The twins were about the same size.  The healthier one got the RNY and the one with heart problems got the VSG.  Dr. Now said that RNY is the gold standard, but one twin was not strong enough for the surgery and got a sleeve.  Their weight loss seems about the same and it will be interesting to see them when their is a follow-up on their story.

To me, Dr. Now is a saint.  He treats patients that other surgeons would not touch.  He shows wisdom, compassion and tough love as needed.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Lipsticklady
on 1/22/17 2:22 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

Agree.  He would scare the desire to "cheat" right out of me.  And because he is giving these people such a wonderful chance, I can see how he inspires them to do right.  

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views