Embarrassing...

Wyldblu
on 2/4/17 12:10 pm

Sooo...I am 5 lbs from my goal....great...but....

I am having a VERY embarrassing problem...in the last 6 mos or so, I have had a....gas problem. I fart..a lot....and sometimes, I don't even know it's coming! Case in point...I had a meeting on Monday with my boss, in her office. I was getting up to leave, after the meeting was over, and farted, LOUDLY, which made me start laughing...which made it worse, and prolonged. If I could have crawled under a rock at that point, I would have. I apologized and made a quick exit after that, and emailed her another apology. She said it was no big deal. To me, I was, and still am, mortified! This has happened around my coworkers too and friends outside of work. 

I have been taking GasX to no avail, and just really want to know if this is a common problem with anyone else...or am I just to live in the knowledge that people may start avoiding me at any time?

It's ok to laugh...lol...I am STILL laughing through my embarrassment....but...am I alone in this?

Wyldblu

Readyjwc
on 2/4/17 12:35 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

Ok - here's one for you so you don't feel alone...

Before my surgery, at my OLD job, I was eating popcorn and started choking/coughing.....I put both arms straight up (I don't know where I heard to do that) but to no avail. Then, I began peeing my pants. Since I was in my cubicle, everyone heard, and came over. I peed my seat and when I stood up, the floor. My boss, and three female co-workers saw most of it. I had to go home and take a quick shower and change. When I came back my co-worker had cleaned my seat and floor the best she could. She's a wonderful person.

I was embarrassed and mortified. Yet, they all understood. They still liked me. They are still my friends to this day.

Our bodies do what they want sometimes and we can't control it. I know it's not the most wonderful thing to go around farting but just say "oh excuse me". I don't think anyone will blacklist you.

Jan

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

happyteacher
on 2/4/17 12:48 pm

Yep. Had an incident in class once, but the 5 year olds blamed each other. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Gwen M.
on 2/4/17 1:25 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Have you changed your diet at all?  Things like this don't normally start happening just out of the blue for no reason.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Wyldblu
on 2/4/17 7:19 pm

No, no change in diet. Just seems like the more I lose, the more of a problem it becomes!

Wyldblu

Laura in Texas
on 2/4/17 7:23 pm

What are you eating? There could be something you could try eliminating in your diet to see if it helps.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

-Flo-
on 2/4/17 1:39 pm
DS on 04/11/16

This sounds unusual to me.  Anything change in your life? New diet,  new meds? I would see your pcp about this.  There may be something going on. 

Wyldblu
on 2/4/17 7:23 pm

Haven't changed anything. I went to the dr on Thursday because I had really bad stomach cramps...and it wasn't the first time. They did blood and urine tests AND an xray. He said they didn't really find anything unusual or concerning. He gave me a stomach pain killer, and something to help me...poop..lol...because sometimes that is a little difficult. He said we will have to eliminate what the problem ISN'T, to maybe find out what it is. I just didn't know if this may be a common thing among us sleeved people.

Wyldblu

Rachel B.
on 2/4/17 7:43 pm, edited 2/4/17 11:43 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Do you work out?  Kegels might be a good start.  Add glut strengthening exercises.  My Mum & Grammy both say it gets "looser" the older you get.  

I couldnt really answer honestly, because farting was an Olympic competition in my house growing up...

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Dee R.
on 2/6/17 7:27 am - CA

LOL!!  Mine too Rachel!!  I could beat my brother on any given day!! 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 58 views