Journaling/Scarpbook/ Smash Book

AshtonE727
on 2/25/17 7:05 pm
VSG on 03/07/17

i was wondering if any of you have journaled, scrapbooked or did a smash book throughout your weight loss journey? If so did you find that it helped you? My surgery date is coming up close and thought about doing one of them but not sure if I should or if it would help any. 

White Dove
on 2/25/17 8:58 pm - Warren, OH

I wish I had thought of doing one.  My sister-in-law did a scrapbook with a page for each month after surgery.  She included her monthly picture and also lab results and price tags with sizes attached,  It is a great memory..

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

ItsTimeNow99
on 2/27/17 4:33 am

What a great idea!!!  

HW -265; SW - 251; CW - 154

Surgery Date- 10/12/2016!!

Notaboutperfect
on 2/27/17 7:29 am
VSG on 11/08/16

I don't have a journal because I'm terrible at keeping up with them.  I did a "vision board" that I've hung on my wall.  It's just the month and three pics of myself--each month I glue my pics on the date of my surgerversary.  I try to wear the same outfit and stand in the same place.  It's helped so much because I can actually see the difference--having the extra hurrah definitely helps!!

AD_Jordan
on 2/28/17 5:21 pm

What's a smash book?

I have an app called "Everyday" that prompts me to take a daily photo, and helps "line it up" to track changes. It only seems to work for pictures of the face, though.

I had The Spouse take photos of me right before I changed into the surgical gown on The Big Day, and I've saved those clothes for another photo later.  I also saved a shirt I wore on a vacation with my friends last year. We'll take my photo in the same place in the same shirt. It'll be my first time seeing them since I was sleeved.

Another app records my measurements and calculates how much I've lost.  Right now, I don't ~feel~ like I look any different, but some people have noticed. It's easier for me to see my progress in side-by-side photos.

A few of us showed photos after our WLS support group meeting last week. We didn't think we'd changed much, but other people were like "WHAT? Holy cow!"

VSG on 11/15/16 . . . HW: +/- 265 . . . SW: 252 . . . CW: 187 (as of 5/22/17)

Most Active