I got approved last Friday. It took only 24 hours with BC/BS of Il

LostStar
on 2/27/17 10:45 am, edited 2/27/17 10:47 am

I haven't been on the boards in awhile. I think I've been in the dumps since I found out I couldn't get my surgery in February because of my tanking thyroid levels. The good news is that since I've been working on them, they're closer to normal now and will be even more so by next month.

But...drum roll please---I did get my official insurance approval last Friday. It took only 24 hours, so that's something, right? The bad news is, well good and bad, is that I'm going on a cruise April 2nd, so I'm out of the running now for getting a surgery before then. The doctor wants 6 weeks of recovery time before flying and mid-February was my cut off.

It's ok. I've realized in life when things aren't going my way, no matter how many angles I've gone at it, I need to just leave it be. It wasn't my time for whatever reason. But if you all will have me, I'll be in the April roster for my VSG, and soon, I'll finally be on that loser's bench with all the other great losers around this joint.

~I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or he became me--Cary Grant~

Babygotsleeved
on 2/27/17 11:15 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Congrats on your approval and for all your hard work to get those pesky thyroid levels up! I know you want that surgery tomorrow, but sometimes there ends up being a good reason for the delay that you don't know about until you look back on the process. In the meantime you keep working on keeping those thyroid levels up and losing some pre-surgery weight since it will make your surgery and recovery easier. You can do this! 

Hang in there! 

Anita
on 2/27/17 12:12 pm

WOO HOO!!!!! It's all good stuff......it will be here before you know it!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

diane S.
on 2/27/17 12:14 pm

Hey congrats. I had to file a complaint with the state to get BC to pay for my vsg 7 years ago. I think they have finally figured out is  a cheaper better surgery than the rny. 

Good luck with the thyroid. I had low potassium discovered at the last minute and had to take a boat load of extra the day before. Worked out fine. Gl. you will love your sleeve and having to fight a little for it makes it seem all the better.    Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Readyjwc
on 2/27/17 2:14 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

Everything happens for a reason. Enjoy your cruise and we WILL see you on the loser's bench in no time flat.

-Jan

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

Kathy S.
on 2/28/17 2:34 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Welcome Back LostStar!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

LostStar
on 2/28/17 2:56 pm, edited 2/28/17 6:56 am

Thank you so much, Kathy! Well, I got my surgery date this morning...April 24th. It seems so surreal. When we begin the process, all we can think about is when will be our date. Within a half hour, I got overloaded with emails and attachments to read, confirm, print out, and a video to watch. 

It's really happening...

~I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or he became me--Cary Grant~

Kathy S.
on 2/28/17 3:20 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Yes it is really happening.  Use this time to deal with head issues, the reason you eat.  It will be the best thing you can do for yourself to help get to goal and stay there.  Let me know if you need anything 

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views