Cooking Reminder !!!!

frisco
on 3/23/17 1:58 pm

First off, I encourage home cooking and stepping up your skills. I can say for absolute sure that it is the major key to this process along side of knowing what to cook/eat.

Cooking and nutritional education is hands down the major key to WL and long term weight management.

The reminder ??????

TASTING !!!!

Tasting calories count !!!

Not fair, I know.... but the calorie counter still spins when your tasting !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

AggieMae
on 3/23/17 6:03 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

I love meal services because I barely have to taste anything.

Gobble is my favorite because they even cut up most of the ingredients and most of the meals take less than 15 minutes. I chose low calorie meals or meals where the carbs are on the side. I get three meals out of one serving. Because the veggies are prepped they don't keep as well as some of the others PM me if you want more info. I have a few coupons sent in my last delivery.

Hello Fresh costs more but it has 100% certified organic food and offered more tailored menus. We use the "meat lovers" menu. I have a coupon for free trial meals.

Erin T.
on 3/23/17 6:52 pm
VSG on 01/17/17

We loved Blue Apron before my surgery but have postponed it since because I obviously can not eat a lot of things they will send yet. I didn't know Hello Fresh had a meat lover's option. I will have to look into that.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

kyzze
on 3/24/17 1:16 am
VSG on 12/29/15 with

I've never heard of Gobble, I will check it out. I hope it is in Texas. I used to use Blue Apron as well, but they don't have a low carb option and although the meals are delicious they are often high in calories.

Kyzze

diane S.
on 3/26/17 1:06 pm

Good post. I think its critical for sleevers or any wls patient to learn to cook so you can make what is appropriate and understand what goes into your food. DH has never learned to cook other than open a can of chili and while he drinks protein shakes for breakfast, he is eating other snacks mid day. I cook a proper barriatric dinner consisting of protein and veggies every night but he is on his own during the days I am at the studio.

So learn to cook. How hard is it to get cold fully cooked shrimp or a pre roasted chicken and boil some green beans? Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views