Thank you for the vegetarian responses

Jenniflower75
on 5/21/17 1:25 am

Since going vegetarian I have been losing weight slowly. I'm starting the protein shakes with almond milk ( unsweetened ) I'm down from 205 to 201 I have a hard time exercising. I have to overcome some obsticales but it can be done, When we move next month it will be easier to exercise outside. I will be gardening and will have sidewalks to walk on. Its hard when you have no where to walk to exercise outside and that's my main motivation for exercise is being outside. I love to walk I love to run. I have to figure out a way to cut the coffee out of my life. I"m getting 300+ calories a day just in coffee creamer. Its ridiculous. I might try out some new teas and see if i can switch to tea. I'm a coffee addict its terrible. I want to lose this belly of mine. I'm not happy and not healthy and I want that to change. It's goign to take time which is frustrating but it will happen I hope.

Gwen M.
on 5/21/17 6:21 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Maybe you could switch to black coffee? I'm always amused when people say they love coffee but what they actually love is all the crap they put in the coffee. :P

You could also use a protein shake as creamer.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Donna L.
on 5/21/17 8:33 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Pour overs changed my life >.>

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

NHPOD9
on 5/21/17 9:09 am

This is me a 100%. I love how cream and sweetness make coffee so dang yummy. I have no desire to drink it black. I have given it up as a result, as I want to lose weight. And it's working...down 10 pounds.

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

Jenniflower75
on 5/25/17 5:24 am

I definitely love the additive to the coffee. I'm switching to tea. It's a lot less that I add to it. Its just a better choice. The coffee doesn't even taste good ot me any more.

Mary Gee
on 5/21/17 7:54 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

You've posted several times that your coffee creamer is a big problem.

I use protein powder, as Gwen suggested. You have to make a 'slurry' by mixing the powder with some water and adding hot coffee to it very slowly, otherwise it will get lumpy. I use chocolate or vanilla flavors.

Have you tried sugar-free coffee creamer or fat-free creamer?

Sometimes, you just have to Bite The Bullet!

Best of luck.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Jenniflower75
on 5/25/17 5:25 am

What kind of protein do you use that mixes with coffee? I have such big chunks i can't drink it.

Donna L.
on 5/21/17 8:32 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

People even do keto diets as vegetarians, so it's really possible to lose weight. Don't get discouraged :)

Try pour over or french press coffee. It tastes delicious cool and black. I was a "creamer only" person and now I enjoy it black, too. Sometimes I will add a few drops of liquid splenda if I am bored, but I seldom am.

I also toss in a broken cinnamon stick or old vanilla pod brewing. Delicious black then, too!

Also, cold-brewed coffee is less acidic and I find it needs cream/additives less, then.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Ladytazz
on 5/21/17 10:41 am

What is "pour over" coffee?

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Donna L.
on 5/21/17 10:48 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18
On May 21, 2017 at 5:41 PM Pacific Time, Ladytazz wrote:

What is "pour over" coffee?

Heaven on earth!

Kidding aside, you basically pour it over a filter over your coffee cup. It slowly decants, so it's not as bitter and it tastes more flavorful. You can buy a ceramic widget for cheap. After the filter thingy, it's cheaper than a keurig per cup, actually.

20140619-pourover-wire.jpg

Most Active