Whatcha Eating today Tuesday 06/27/17

Theduffman27
on 6/27/17 4:52 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning Menu crew - I had a good night, brought the dog to her grooming appointment and went to camp, took a nice 2.63 mile run and then cleaned the awning on the camper, getting ready for the big 4th weekend.

Accountability - good, I was down 2 lbs this morning.

QOTD - What did you look forward to most during summer vacation/break?

I looked forward to summer,period! We had a family cottage on the lake and we spent our summers there. From sun up to sundown I was in swim trunks and no shirt. Great times and memories.

B - Protein Bar

S - Greek yogurt

L - Bariatric foodie crustless pizza bake

S - buddig ham

D - Unsure

E - gym and grocery night.

Stay healthy my friends. Mike

Rachel B.
on 6/27/17 5:42 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

MORNING!

QOTD - Looked forward to no school. After school, well, all the same. In AZ, look forward to Halloween and the cool that comes with it!

Yesterdays #'s: Calories-1075, Fat-47g, Fiber-3.6g, Carbs-47.9g, Sodium-1374.4mg, Protein-109.7g, Water-2838ml. Daily Calorie Composition: 18% from carbs, 40% from fat and 42% from protein.

AM: English Breakfast Tea

Br: Chicken Breast, cottage cheese, hummus

S: Remainder of yesterdays vanilla PP

D: Salsa Chicken

Water & Vites

Elliptical & Treadmill

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Gwen M.
on 6/27/17 6:12 am
VSG on 03/13/14

OMG AZ. My parents had considered retiring there for a number of years but then my brother's **** hit the fan and they ended up buying him a house which changed their retirement plan. I've been super grateful for a while, due to my dad's cancer, that they stayed in PA and only 3 hours away from me. But with the news of the heat from AZ this week?? I'm even more glad that I don't need to go there to visit them ;)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Rachel B.
on 6/27/17 6:44 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

It's hot, no doubt. When we came out to visit from Indiana before moving, AZ was awesome. I would spend the entire time in the pool. As soon as you got out, you would be chilled, even at 106, because the water would evaporate so fast. Since the ozone went in the pot, I don't swim. I thought about getting a pool, cos my back yard is HUGE. I could always build a shade/large gazebo over it, but maintenance is a huge pain. There's an indoor pool at my gym...

but it the heat can be daunting. It's quite a bit hotter in Phoenix than in Tucson, for which I am grateful. I still stay in the AC, tho...

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

CC C.
on 6/27/17 5:53 am

Ah, the sun is out today!

I loved summer vacation. As a kid I went to camp in MN for a month every summer. So much fun on a lake sailing, canoeing, nature hikes, etc.

B - coffee and yogurt

L - chicken and salsa

D - cheeseburger sans bun and salad

S - protein shake

Gwen M.
on 6/27/17 5:58 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I was briefly thinking, when I woke up, "maybe I'll be the first up and get to start the menu thread!" But you're up way early! :D

QOTD: I don't know anymore. My life is so different than it used to be and I love warm weather now and being active in the world. But I'm also a full time student and classes don't stop just because it's the summer. So this particular summer the things I'm looking forward to are plastic surgery and recovery, getting to see a fireworks/fountain display with my mom at Longwood Gardens, Jesus Christ Superstar at a DC theater, and, of course, the Renaissance Faire - assuming my recovery from surgery doesn't conflict with it. I love going every year!

I think I slept better last night than I have since I stopped post-op drugs, so that was great. I think the key might be socks since cold feet are a point of failure for my sleep. I have decided that I really miss being able to do one of those huge, full body stretches when I wake up, so that's something to look forward to.

Today is also a big day since I'm going to drive for the first time since June 5th! Art and I need to get allergy shots and the allergist is only about a 10 minute drive, so it's the perfect drive for my first time back. I haven't been on prescription pain meds for at least a week at this point, so I feel like my brain is mostly back together again. And since I need Art to go with me to help me unhook and rehook my compression sleeves, it'll work out really well. If I don't feel up to driving home, he can drive us home! Fingers crossed.

I'm still doing multiple protein shakes and only having one solid meal because a) you need a lot of protein post-plastics, b) I don't have much of an appetite at all so it's easier to drink a shake when I have no appetite than it is to eat a meal, and c) even though the lower body lift did nothing to my actual stomach organ, my stomach has less room to expand due to the tightening of the skin and musculature above it, so this also makes eating less appealing.

1: protein shake
2: protein shake
3: ??? whatever the guys provide - last night Art put a block of "chicken cordon bleu dip" into the slow cooker from the freezer and that was tasty. They had it with rice, I just had it plain.

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: I hope to take another walk! I did a walk yesterday and that was lovely. I had planned on going by myself, but I let Art know I was going and I'd be happy for company and was happily surprised when he decided to join me! It was only "around the block," so .8 miles. Maybe today I'll try to get up to 1.5 miles, but this does, in part, depend on whether I go by myself or not.

I hope you all have a wonderful awesome fantastic Tuesday!

Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Gwen M.
on 6/27/17 6:16 am
VSG on 03/13/14

As a kid, I wasn't a huge summer fan since I was a fat kid and my parents "forced" me to go to summer camps which were not always good experiences for a fat kid. However, I enjoyed camps once I was a bit older and had more say - I went to an awesome sleep away nerd camp for three weeks every summer when I was in middle school. I enjoyed our family vacations - my parents firmly believed that I should see my country instead of traveling to other countries and having no knowledge of the US, so by the time I was 18 I had traveled to about 45 of the states and a huge number of national parks and forests. We car camped and I loved those vacations. Once I was in high school, I worked for most of the summers and I enjoyed that too. :)

Rachel B.
on 6/27/17 6:51 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

You go to Faires?! I do too! I'm more of a pirate primarily & steampunker. But my God knows how many corsets are now no longer going to fit since I've lost 70 pounds! I bought a few 31's, but I fear that has been a mistake as well. I'll see. I can always send them for alteration. My pirate coat, however, is going to be a loss.

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

Gwen M.
on 6/27/17 7:04 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Thankfully I'd only had one set of garb prior to surgery and I finally had to say goodbye to that set in 2015. But I'd had the same garb since 2000, so I didn't feel too bad about seeing it go :P

Last year was HARD because I'd been at a stable weight for a while but also knew that I was going to lose more weight. I wanted to buy so many things but just could not justify it. In the end, Art ended up buying me a gorgeous wool coat, but I think that it will be fine with more weight loss so I'm not super worried. Worst case, I might be able to get it tailored.

Right now I'm coveting a corset dress from Pendragon and I believe this will be my birthday present to myself in 2018 as I should be all recovered from plastics at that point!

In the meantime, I've done this for the Faire:
Stupidly cheap bodice -- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U28HT18/
Pretty basic dress -- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U7YG3B4/

Not the best garb ever, but I like getting to dress up a little! So this was a good, cheap option for last year when I did not want to invest in new good stuff. I'm sure I'll do the same this year! I'll wait to buy the garb of my dreams at the Faire in 2018.

Rachel B.
on 6/27/17 8:58 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Sweet & simple. I just tried on two new corsets I bought in 30's from Damsel In This Dress and they close... I'm going to have to go through my collection and see what I can do. Skirts are universal, so thats never going to be an issue. But I am going to have to be selective about what I will keep and send for alteration. I do tend to get the waists nipped for a more dramatic look. A new pirate coat is going to be rough, though!

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

Most Active