Maintaining that goal- day 1

happyteacher
on 6/28/17 2:37 pm

Maintenance is in the distance for most on these boards, but I thought I would toss out a post on the topic. Briefly, my history is surgery in 2011, goal hit (normal bmi) 8 months or so later. Check the ticker for more specific stats if interested. Maintaining has rolled along pretty smoothly- had one point where I popped above goal weight, but took care of the underlying health issues (hernia, gallbladder) and dropped right back down. Now, crept up slowly since last November so today is day 1 of back-to-basics . Not my first time doing this, but I credit with being under goal for years to kicking this in when needed.

Biggest problem- grazing, sugar, and not eating the way I should be. Old story. What is a bit different this time is that I really need to detox from carbs, so I am going a little more hard core. Only for 2 weeks though. Setting my caloric target to 800 calories (not easy with my larger sleeve, but possible if I cut out 100% of the crap) and hitting the gym daily. 2 weeks- I can do this. I am today only 3 pounds under goal weight, so way too close for comfort. I don't expect drastic loss over the two week period, as my history is that it comes off at a leisurely rate. I am Ok with that. My bigger need is breaking the grazing habit and detoxing.

Hubby is on board. Garden is full of the fresh greens that I use and ready for picking. Protein shakes are back in the house. Greek yogurt is made. Fish is in the freezer along with other lean proteins. Pretty familiar path at this point and looking forward to getting rid of this carb heavy sluggishness I have re-introduced into my life. :)

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Kristi T.
on 6/29/17 10:43 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Sounds like you have a well stocked kitchen and garden, you have a great plan! You will do amazing!

happyteacher
on 6/29/17 5:39 pm

Thank you for the kind words!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active