Please help me!!

Sara R.
on 7/16/17 2:52 pm
VSG on 06/27/17

I mean to say that I am in Austin too.

After my surgery, I had to be on clear liquids until I saw my doctor 10 days later. Then I moved to liquids which was premier protein, milk, pudding, yogurt. I was doing well on that until this past Thursday when I tried to take some of my regular medication. I got very sick and I ended up irritating my stomach and pulling a muscle from vomiting. So now ... I am back on clear liquids to give my stomach a break (which I can't really tolerate - I can only do water and SF Popsicle). And I also have nausea for the first time. But I am hopefully that this will pass too. I can move to purees on the 21th if I feel up to it and then soft foods on Aug 4th. My plan doesn't have me back to "regular foods" until 12 weeks. It is a very long plan but since my stomach is irritated I just need to be patient with it.

Doriam R.
on 7/16/17 5:56 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

I am so very sorry, I hope we can survive this clear liquid phase!!!!

I am glad you are in Austin, who is your surgeon? Mine is Dr. Ganta

What are your stats?

Mine are: HW 210 SW 188 I have not weight yet my appointment is next week

I had revision surgery from Lap band to Sleeve.

Keep in touch!

Sara R.
on 7/16/17 6:10 pm
VSG on 06/27/17

I used Ganta too. My HW = 343, SW 321.4, CW = 303.2. 40 lbs since June 15th so I can't complain.

I am feeling better since I posted earlier, which was pretty much the worst that I felt so ... just when you think you can't deal with it, it tends to get better.

Doriam R.
on 7/16/17 6:18 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

Your stats are awesome, my goal is to get to 140-145, I truly hope I can get there and maintain!!!!

Frantom
on 7/17/17 9:52 am

I was sleeved 6 years ago - yes SIX. I can still remember though, that the first two-three weeks were very difficult - I couldn't find a protein drink I liked (settled on Special K chocolate), ate mostly jello - but slowly I could tolerate tuna fish or egg salad. But as the above people said - you've got to give your tummy some time to heal. Also -I had diarrhea for several weeks, turned out my thyroid was out of whack and then I went into AFib - lots of medical problems but got them all fixed and the rest was clear sailing! Please trust me, it's SOOOO worth the temporary discomfort. My whole life changed for the better! But in the beginning I remember everthing was "too" - too sweet, too creamy, too salty, etc. etc. Your taste buds are going to change big time - just be patient.

I wouldn't change having the surgery for the discomfort for a bazillion dollars.

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/17 6:32 pm

My fr released me to try "normal" foods except for raw vegetables, grains and nuts. I am 3 weeks post op. Every protocol appears to be different.

(deactivated member)
on 7/17/17 10:45 am

I am eating "normal" food. The new normal. My doctor did not make me puree my food. By day 5 I was able to eat scrambled eggs, though they were not tolerated well, cottage cheese and soft foods. By day 14 he said I could add ground beef and fish. At 3 weeks he said I could try what I wanted as long as I chewed it to a pulp - except for no nuts, grains or raw veggies.

I've had a few challenges and haven't done it all right by any means. I have a lot of food choices now and have only had a problem with a couple of things.

My calories hover between 400-550 daily. I'm up to getting between 35-60 grams of protein per day- trying for 50-60 but on my lower caloric days it's hard to hit. Now that I have discovered the pure protein bars it shouldn't be as hard. Water is my bigger challenge, I just have to remember to sip, sip, sip! I did well yesterday with it.

I have to track everything I put in my mouth! if I can't find the exact thing to add on spark people I do my best to estimate it or find something similar so that I get the general amount in there- mainly for the protein numbers. I know my calories are low because I'm measuring my food.

I hope this helps.

Doriam R.
on 7/17/17 11:41 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

Well my doctor is not that nice!!!

I have the next apt Wed, I hope I go to full liquids. I have not heard of those bars, I will research!

Keep on keeping on!!

Gwen M.
on 7/17/17 11:55 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Be extremely wary of protein bars. Many are no better than glorified candy bars which a) aren't useful to weight loss and b) will just make you crave more junk food.

My rule of thumb when looking at processed food nutrition labels is no more than 10 calories per 1 gram of protein. So if a food had 14 grams of protein and 120 calories, that's fine. If it has 14 grams of protein and 160 calories, that's not fine.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Doriam R.
on 7/17/17 1:40 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

Ok, I will skip them for now!!

Most Active