Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday 8/22/17

Erin T.
on 8/22/17 3:17 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Good morning! It looks like it could be a stormy afternoon here and our new bed frame is going to be delivered! I am hoping to work from home for the afternoon so that it doesn't end up out in the rain. It's going to be another busy day in preparation for students to return!

QOTD: Do you have any pets? We have an 8-year old lab and something mix named Piper. He's brindle and probably the best dog you could ever ask for. We also have a 2-year-old cat named Gretel and 5 chickens (4 hens and a rooster) that are Butterscotch, Winnie, Esther, Ruby, and Spaz.

7 months post-op\Maintenance\141.6 this morning

M1: Premier Protein, Coffee, Heavy Cream and Miralax

M2: Fage Total Classic w/ Stevia and Pecans

M3: Chicken Breast and Avocado

M4: Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thigh and veggies

E: Upper body with my trainer

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

CC C.
on 8/22/17 5:58 am

Good morning! Other than a hair appt, not much happening here today. Scale is still up. Grrr.

QOTD: I have a 10 year old golden retriever named Fergus who loves tennis balls and fetching anything you throw for him. My dad has 2 golden retrievers who are 8 and all three hang out together when I'm in MI for the summer. When people ask where we live and we tell them they often say, "oh is that the house with all the golden retrievers?"

B - coffee and yogurt

L - real good pizza

D - barbecue chicken breast and salad

S - protein shake

SallyCat
on 8/22/17 6:42 am, edited 8/21/17 11:44 pm
VSG on 10/17/16

Good morning, folks. Hope all are doing well. My scale continues to be stuck. Keep on keeping on. I need to up some exercise I suppose.

QOTD: No pets right now. I lost my 19 year old cat, Ronnie a few years ago. And last year I lost my 20 year old, sweet girl Sally. I always called her... SallyCat. So ten years ago, when I made this account, I used her name with a picture that resembled Ronnie. My name is Becky.

B: yogurt and coffee

L: turkey tacos with lettuce wraps

D: roasted chicken with a tiny bit of salad.

S: turkey jerky

Note on the chike coffee I had been so excited about: I've had to give it away. It made me jittery and sweat profusely and I almost passed out while on a walk after drinking it. So, not for me!

HW: 375 SW: 282 CW: 167 GW: 159

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 8/22/17 6:57 am, edited 8/21/17 11:58 pm
Revision on 03/14/18

It's shaping up to be a stormy day here too. It rained during the eclipse here so we missed most of it.

QOTD: I have a 5 year old cat named Monster. She was given that name by her founder because she was found at just a few weeks old abandoned in a box in an alley. She was covered in fleas and wanted nothing to do with the daily baths she got to get rid of them, hence they named her Monster. Now she's a happy lazy house cat who enjoys napping in the sun and pushing my water glass of the table every chance she gets.

B: L&F Greek yogurt with bran buds, coffee

L: 4 oz BBQ pulled chicken

D: turkey enchilada skillet

S: protein bar

E: walking

W&V

lauraellen80
on 8/22/17 7:07 am
VSG on 06/15/15

Good morning! Happy to step on the scale this morning and see that I'm down a bit from last week--I hope the trend continues!

QOTD: We have 2 dogs, a 11.5-year-old blind, diabetic, and arthritic Australian Kelpie who has been my best friend for over a decade, and an almost 7-year-old Catahoula Leopard Dog who is hilariously melodramatic. My MIL lives with us currently and has a very dopey but sweet 9-year-old Boxer, as well.

B: Iced coffee with half-and-half and Splenda from Dunkin, then Siggi's Mixed Berry whole-milk yogurt

S: Raspberry white chocolate Quest bar

L: 1 oz. turkey pepperoni, 1 oz. gouda, 1 oz. falafel flavor roasted chickpeas

S: 1.5 oz. mixed nuts w/ 1 Tb. lower-sugar cranberries and a light Babybel cheese

D: ??? I need to go to the store after work... we don't have much food in the house right now!

S: Maybe another Quest bar this evening

E: A walk with the dogs, if it cools off later this evening

lauraellen80
on 8/22/17 6:04 pm
VSG on 06/15/15

I ended up fixing caprese salad for supper--grilled chicken, fresh mozzarella, tomato, and a few croutons over mixed greens, with Bolthouse balsamic dressing. Yummy!

Cathy H.
on 8/22/17 7:19 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Stormy morning but supposed to clear in a bit, then much cooler the rest of the week. Still job hunting...so frustrating, nobody bothers to respond or update you anymore...pffft. Classes start Monday...lawd it's been 20 years, I hope I can hack it! lol

QOTD: No pets. I desperately want a little dog, but even though I can have one in this apartment, I have no fenced yard, and don't want to do that to a dog. Hoping to find a new place to move to next spring that will have a nice yard, then I'll definitely get one!

B: Aldi Light Greek 80 yogurt (not bad!) w/Fiber One, coffee w/H&H and xylitol

L: Beef sausage snack sticks and Swirls cheese sticks

D: Rest of the leftover steak/chicken/bacon fajitas and guacamole

Water and vites on track

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Gwen M.
on 8/22/17 7:20 am, edited 8/22/17 5:16 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Yay new bed frame! I'm seriously considering getting a new mattress... Art and I have our 20th anniversary this weekend and my mom sent us a very generous check, so I'm thinking that new mattress might be a good thing to spend it on since "new boobs" probably isn't acceptable ;)

Today is a big day for me. I've got my first post-op appointment with my surgeon and I have no idea what to expect. Last time I went from bandages to compression at this appointment, but I've had compression and bandages since surgery this time and I can't imagine that I'm ready to stop having bandages at least at the underboob incision just for protective reasons. Weird thing to note - gravity sucks at the moment if I don't have a bra on. I can't imagine shaving my legs in the shower since boobs hanging does NOT feel good. I know this is a healing thing that will improve, but it's a thing to be aware of.

QOTD: Sigh. Art and I got two kitties when we were first married. A few years later we got a German Shepherd Dog pup. When Lance moved in, he brought his cat with him. So at one point we had three cats and one GSD. We now have no pets. We'll never have another dog because Lance isn't a dog person and I firmly believe that everyone in a household should want the new life that's brought into it. We will, someday, get another pair of kittens, but this is not the right time. I'm not sure when it will ever be the right time, but we'll get there eventually.

1: protein shake
2: protein bar, I assume, since my appointment is at noon - Edit: Yay! I wasn't hungry when I finished my appointment, so I just waited to eat when I got home. I had a piece of leftover quiche, yum.
3: no idea since the guys are handling dinners - Edit: I guess I'm feeling really awesome at the moment, since I told Lance I'd make us omelets and roasted potatoes for dinner. No idea what I was thinking. So dinner will be bacon, mushroom, and cheese omelets with roasted potatoes for Lance. (Art will eat leftovers after he gets home from Aikido.)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: nope, sniff

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Rachel B.
on 8/22/17 7:22 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Good morning. Another day at the kitchen table tele-commuting. Unfortunately, watching the weeds grow in the back yard. I'll be glad when the sun burns them down! Actually, someone is coming to whip them into shape today.

QOTD: Grew up on a dairy goat farm with chickens and 30 head of Nubians. Everyone of them died of old age. We never butchered-no way. I've been allergic to cats since 13. Don't know where that came from. I currently have a French Bulldog, Alicia Rae, and an 8 month old English Bulldog, Duncan Torsten (yes, they get first and middles and get called by all 3 when naughty, and they know when they're in trouble). I've had bullies for 20 years, and grew up with Dobies. My parents currently have 2 Bull Terriers/Terrorists, one of which will be staying with us for the next two weeks. It's gonna be hell on wheels around here for a couple weeks...

AM: Getting closer to that perfect coffee

B: Red Grapefruit?

L: Chicken Breast, cottage cheese, & hummus

S: Van PP

Off to costco to pick up drugs, then to pick up Ernie, or Ernesto the Pesto as I call him (he sleeps UNDER the covers!)

D: Pork stuff

Pray for sleep with dog #3 in queen sized bed

Water & Vites

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

MissNexxie
on 8/22/17 7:41 am
VSG on 04/30/14

Morning all,

Ah...a new mattress...sounds divine. Ours is a 9 yr old pillow top and has a well developed body dip in it from my bigger days that I seem to always end up in and struggle to get out of. Help! I've fallen in and can't get up!

Sunny day here and hopefully smoke from BC fires stays away so hubby and I can walk.

QOTD: We adopted a pair of rescue kittens @ 6 mos old (brother/sister: Sol and Luna). They are about to turn 15 and are the loves of our lives. They run the house, our lives and we are at their beck and call and I wouldn't have it any other way. They both had dental cleanings yesterday during the eclipse and happily made it through the procedures without any issues or extractions but it was a stressful day for "Mom". Hard to see them 'high' and struggling for their bearings after going under. Today - all is well. They are both rolled up on pillows in front of me and I am blissful.

B: coffee with cream/sugar, HB egg, roasted chicken

S: homemade protein shake

L: leftover greek salad with some roasted chicken thrown in

S: americano coffee, cheese slices and turkey pepperoni

D: not sure yet, likely some raw veggies before they go bad and maybe a can of tuna.

I'm PMS-ing bad so this could all change on a dime and tomorrow's report might read: "Yesterday, ate all PB2 in house mixed into all the vanilla greek yogurt, with pork rind & Tzatziki chasers. Met all the sweet, nutty, salty, crunchy requirements, stayed sane and did not turn into banshee (much). Peri-menopause FTW."

E: brisk walk

L: 2L water, coffee, herbal tea

Have a great day!

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 48 views