Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Sunday 9/24/17

Erin T.
on 9/24/17 3:11 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Good morning! It's a good day because I went to sleep and slept straight through until 5am this morning. I went to an Etsy craft fair yesterday in Ottawa and bought myself a new coffee mug that is also making my morning awesome. It's the little things in life right? It was very hot yesterday and will be even hotter today. We have plans to hike Stone Valley trail, we'll see how that goes as the day wears on and warms up!

QOTD: What's your favorite holiday? Mine used to be Forth of July because my neighborhood would chip in and put on a huge professional fireworks show. But, that stopped several years ago when the main coordinator moved away. Now I'd say my favorite is Christmas. I pretty well hate the shopping aspect of it, but it's all worth it to see the kids reactions on Christmas morning.

8 months post-op/Maintenance/135.8lbs

M1: Coffee, Premier Protein, Miralax, and HC

M2: Fage Total w/ SF Pudding Mix and Almonds

M3: Flax Pita Pizza

M4: Delmonico Steak (woo!)

E: Hiking

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

cappy11448
on 9/24/17 4:19 am

Good morning, everyone,

we had a "grandparents day" at the local library and my kids and grandkids came down for the day. What fun! We did go out to dinner and I had sweet potato fries with my fish.... so not so good for the diet. But I'm back on track today.

Breakfast - I ran out of salmon, so its going to be cabbage and ground beef casserole.

Lunch -cheeseburger pie

dinner - buffalo chicken spaghetti squash casserole

snack - salad and one atkins chocolate bar.

QOTD: I guess my favorite holiday would be Thanksgiving because the whole family is together. I like Christmas, too, but it is a bit rushed because the kids go to all the inlaw's as well as our house. We tend to have a bustling Christmas from 8AM to 1pm, and then its me and hubby, sipping Irish Coffee and reading books or watching a movie.

Happy Sunday, everyone.

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/24/17 4:45 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! It is supposed to be warm and sunny today (after 5 days of dark drizzle and wind). We are going to the beach for what is probably the last beach day on Cape Cod this year.

QOTD: My favorite holiday used to be Christmas, and I guess it still is, but it is SO DIFFERENT than it used to be. For 20 years we hosted and everyone came with their kids. After we moved 3 years ago, the hosting changed to my SIL's. It is nice, but there are no kids anymore, the family on the west coast doesn't come, and now MIL is gone. So it is nice to get together, but we miss those days and the excitement of children. I also miss my oldest DD a lot during the holidays (she passed away 12.5 years ago). The other holidays have never been a big deal. Thanksgiving kind of died out after my mother passed away and MIL couldn't leave assisted living. Our kids go other places now for the holiday. Last year we went to Florida for Thanksgiving and found the place we bought in February. So we've decided to drive down to Florida before Thanksgiving this year and spend it with friends there. Maybe it will be a new tradition!

1.5 years post-op (maintenance). 34 work days to retirement (11/13).

B: eggbeaters, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Emiepie's egg salad

D: taco salad probably

S: yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

NoraM13
on 9/24/17 4:52 am
VSG on 08/21/17

I've had trouble with snacking the past couple of days (although still staying under my calorie and carb limits) and I just put it together that it's from social eating. I'm making good choices when I'm out, but the timing is screwing me up. Yesterday we were supposed to go out to lunch after a funeral, but it ended up being 10:45, so I was starving before my protein shake at 3. And Friday at the fair, my friend was hungry around 2:30, so I decided to eat and then have my shake for dinner, and was really hungry all evening. I suppose I could just not eat if the timing isn't right, but that feels anti-social. Any tips?

In theory, Christmas is my favorite holiday, but it can be very overwhelming. I like to make my own presents, cards, decorations, etc. and December turns into a frantic rush to get everything done. This year I started making cards and presents in July to take some of that pressure off, so there will be more time to snuggle on the couch and watch old Christmas movies.

B - latte with 2% Fairlife, cottage cheese

L - church function - probably a deviled egg. I'm bringing some beef jersey with me too just in case (haven't tried any yet. Hopefully it isn't too tough but I really haven't had a problem with anything yet)

S - protein shake

D - beef tips (over mashed potato for the family) and green beans

E - upping my step goal to 9k. I'm going to need to get a walk in to hit it

Water and vitamins on track

5'2" VSG: 8/21/17 HW: 261 SW:243 CW: 193

Pre-Op: 15 M1: 19.8 M2: 10.5 M3: 13.7

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/24/17 7:57 am

I suppose I could just not eat if the timing isn't right, but that feels anti-social. Any tips?

Even now, if I don't want to eat in social functions I don't. I may order coffee or tea and just socialize. I used to order decaf coffee and have that with some cream as other were eating. As I was losing weight and now, I eat what I want, when I want. No longer I allow social pressure to dictate me what, when or how much I eat.

If I get pressured- I may say, thanks, maybe later, I'm just not hungry. That works for me very well.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

yvonnef1964
on 9/24/17 5:55 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Qotd Holidays aren't the same since my mom passed away 20 years ago. My dad is trying to Have get togethers now but didn't at first. Really the only one we celebrate now is Christmas. It would be my favorite. This year I'm going to be on vacation.

B coffee with protein shake, ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D tbd

Have a wonderful day

CC C.
on 9/24/17 6:26 am

Hey all! I posted it separately, but I'm pretty excited so here it is again - I have a normal BMI as of today! The day will be a busy one, packing, cleaning out the garden still, washing the dog who smells so bad from lake living he could make a dung beetle pass out, washing my car, a final boat ride, laundry, cleaning the house to be closed up, friend coming for dinner and I'm cooking etc. All in 87 degree heat and no a/c. Thank heavens for not being insulated by an additional 98.8 pounds of fat!

QOTD: I think Thanksgiving is my favorite even though this will be the first one where I can't gorge myself. Should be interesting if I still like it as much! I love to cook and I make all my mom's recipes she taught me so it's like she's there with us.

B - coffee, bacon, protein waffle

L - leftover chicken stir-fry (went with stir-fry instead of shrimp tacos last night)

D - shrimp tacos

Gwen M.
on 9/24/17 12:50 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Congrats on normal! :D

For me, Thanksgiving was still just as fun since I still got to cook and do everything else with my family. I hope you find the same to be true :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

ShirlAus
on 9/24/17 2:01 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Congratulations Cecily :) Thats a great achievement :)

Donna L.
on 9/24/17 8:59 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

My favorite holiday: sleep. >.>

M1: 25g protein shake (pea protein, giving it a whirl)

M2: 3oz roast beef, 1 tsp mustard, 1 oz swiss.

M3: 5oz yogurt

M4: 4oz tilapia

M5: 1/2c cottage cheese if hungry - we'll see if cottage cheese still hurts my stomach.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views