One week update

LaurieJ64
on 10/13/17 12:49 pm

Wow, hard to say that the week just flew by, but it did. Surgery went well. I did not have too much pain, but when I felt uncomfortable I did take some pain medicine to stay ahead of the pain. Did have a lot of nausea that lasted to the next day. They put a patch behind my ear to help. I went to oral meds on Saturday and was not prepared for that. My doctor told me that we would be crushing pills and instead we were splitting them. I take a lot of meds and could not take them all. I wound up taking the most important ones. I feel really blessed to be able to have this surgery and keep getting better each day. Do need a nap after lunch! I have lost 10 pounds and have been meeting my protein and liquid goals, so overall it has been a great week

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/13/17 2:49 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I also take a lot of meds, and getting them down for the first week or two post-op was a PAIN! I could take half of a pill with a tiny sip of water, then wait a minute or two before moving to the next one. It was almost 20 minutes of sipping, talk about fun!

Glad to hear you're doing well :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

myladybug101
on 10/13/17 3:01 pm
VSG on 05/23/12

Wow! Great job, Laurie! I just started my journey with a seminar and can't wait to see those first 10 pounds disappear. I'm so proud of you. Keep up the good work and I will be watching take care!

Shannon S.
on 10/13/17 7:25 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Congrats! I can't wait to be where you are!

happyteacher
on 10/14/17 3:29 pm

Congrats!!! I crushed and mixed in a little applesauce. Just check first- don't do that with time released stuff!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/17 11:15 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 09/18/17

As long as your pills are not enteric-coated or time-release pills, it's fine to crush them. Be sure you know this information up-front. I did this and put mine with some sugar-free lemon jello which helped to mask the taste. As you move onto pureed and soft foods, you can add to whatever you like that you think will mask the taste.

Most Active