Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Saturday 10/14/17

Erin T.
on 10/14/17 3:08 am, edited 10/14/17 3:08 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! I think I got the date right today, lol. I'm working again this morning until probably noon or so. Then I'm going to drag the family to a huge craft fair and then we'll have dinner at Jon's stepdads. They grow pumpkins for the kids every year and it's time to harvest them. I got through my black-tie dinner last night, but I wanted to fall asleep by the end (I was working it, not eating/attending). I wanted to get a better picture of my dress but working with all men, pictures were not the radar. So the best I have is a bathroom selfie that I took towards the end of the night (below).

QOTD: Do you travel for the holidays? We are considering taking a trip to the Outerbanks, NC for Thanksgiving instead of doing a big family dinner. It won't be swimming weather, but seafood instead of pumpkin pie would be fine with me!

8 months post-op/Maintenance/134.8lbs

M1: Coffee, PP, Miralax, HC

M2: Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese (it's our tradition to have Lox after the board meeting starts, I'm going to skip the bagel this year!)

M3: Hard Salami & Almonds

M4: TBD, dinner at Jon's stepdads

S: Yogurt w/ Pecans & a protein bar probably

E: Walking around at work and then walking at the craft fair. I'm looking forward to the fitness center in the hotel this week so I can RUN.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/14/17 3:46 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You look fantastic in that dress Erin!!! I've always wanted to go to the Outerbanks. We have friends who went there every October for a few years and rented a huge house on the beach with extended family. They always had a great time.

QOTD: The first time we traveled for Thanksgiving was last year when DH and I went to Florida and found the place we bought in February. This year we are driving down beginning 11/19, stopping in Charlston SC for a couple of days on the way, and will be in our new condo for Thanksgiving. SIL might fly down (but it depends on flight cost). We are flying back to Massachusetts for about 3 weeks over Christmas though.

1.5 years post-op (maintenance). 18 work days to retirement (11/13).

B: eggbeaters, cottage cheese and ham

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Not sure - options are shrimp, 1/2 cheeseburger or going out

S: Catwoman pumpkin yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Erin T.
on 10/14/17 4:23 am
VSG on 01/17/17

We've gone to OBX pretty much every spring since 2010 with a couple of exceptions. We normally rent a big house in Nags Head and invite some portion of our extended family. We've also stayed on Ocracoke Island with just the four of us before. We really love it. I do wi**** was slightly further south so that spring break would be a better fit!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/14/17 4:42 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Nice!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

obxhatteraslight
on 10/14/17 3:57 pm - baldwinsville, NY

I love the Outer Banks hope to go soon

yvonnef1964
on 10/14/17 6:57 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Im having pain in my left hip especially when I walk. Tylenol isn't helping. Today it is raining so that's probably not helping. Will rest it for a few days.

Qotd I'm going to Charleston South Carolina for Christmas and New Years this year. Otherwise I just go to family's house that's close by.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D going to a chili cook off party at my brothers so chili and probably some treats

Have a good day

Highfunctioningfatman
on 10/14/17 8:02 am
VSG on 08/29/16

I'm doing the final touches to our Chevy Suburban today. We bought it with a blown head gasket and I'm planning on taking it tomorrow when we do our annual drive through the woods to check out the changing fall leaves.

This afternoon my son and I are meeting with the Cub Scout pack at a local farm for a pumpkin patch/corn maze adventure.

I also have my sweetie lined up for a massage so I will cover the last of the day at the car wash.

Finally, tonight we will make 8-10 dozen cookies. I've been covering the sales position and I believe that bringing in homemade peanut butter and chocolate mint cookies will be a big hit.

QOTD. Travel? For Thanksgiving? NO WAY JOSE! We love to cook and Thanksgiving is our favorite holiday. I take off that entire week every year so I can prep and cook. I always do 4 turkeys. Two of them we give away :)

B: bacon and eggs

L: the other half of a burger

D: sushi!

Highfunctioningfatman
on 10/14/17 8:03 am
VSG on 08/29/16

I'm doing the final touches to our Chevy Suburban today. We bought it with a blown head gasket and I'm planning on taking it tomorrow when we do our annual drive through the woods to check out the changing fall leaves.

This afternoon my son and I are meeting with the Cub Scout pack at a local farm for a pumpkin patch/corn maze adventure.

I also have my sweetie lined up for a massage so I will cover the last of the day at the car wash.

Finally, tonight we will make 8-10 dozen cookies. I've been covering the sales position and I believe that bringing in homemade peanut butter and chocolate mint cookies will be a big hit.

QOTD. Travel? For Thanksgiving? NO WAY JOSE! We love to cook and Thanksgiving is our favorite holiday. I take off that entire week every year so I can prep and cook. I always do 4 turkeys. Two of them we give away :)

B: bacon and eggs

L: the other half of a burger

D: sushi!

CC C.
on 10/14/17 8:11 am

Carb and exercise water weight is real, my friends. I'm down 7 pounds since Monday and my return from hiking in Sedona (I gained 2.2 while I was there).

So I did the makeup thing yesterday. I liked the way it looked in the store and bought way too much, but upon getting outside in natural light I thought a lot of it made me look old. So I'll be returning some of it. But it was fun to have someone show me how to apply stuff who knows all the various makeup lines.

Today for fun I'm going to a huge RV show with a friend. Not buying anything, just seeing if it's something I would ever be interested in to see the country. Nothing like those buses (they're cool, but I would totally crash that), but something small and manageable that would fit me and the dog.

PS - Love the dress, Erin!

QOTD: I never used to travel for holidays. My family is miniscule in size so my mom and dad and I would have a holiday dinner and invite friends who didn't have anywhere to go. Since my mom died and my dad moved to MI most of the year, I go there for Thanksgiving to cook (my favorite thing!). Christmas is in CA as he and his wife are back here for the winter by then.

B - coffee, plain greek yogurt with raspberries, blueberries and walnuts

L - carnitas

D - grilled chicken

S - protein pudding

Fredbear
on 10/14/17 9:15 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Angry this morning, stepped on the scale and I'm up 5# since vacation. Hard to be enthused about "my tool" when "my tool" doesn't really work the way it's supposed to and never did.

QOTD: I got out of my spouse's family holiday crap while we weren't married, but since then I'm forced to pick one of the two Hallmark holidays each winter to make the 300 mile trek and waste vacation time with "family". My family thankfully doesn't do holidays.

B: protein shake

L: leftovers

D: DGAF

E: 13 km walk this morning (8 miles... 2.5 hours)

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Most Active