Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday 10/16/17

Erin T.
on 10/16/17 3:04 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! My drive to CT was not uneventful yesterday. My hotel leaves a lot to be desired, the biggest issue being that they are renovating and the fitness center is unavailable and there was no note of that when booking. I was really looking forward to having free time and easy access to a run! Otherwise, the rooms seem to be fine and I actually slept quite well.

I stopped at the Smokehouse on the way down and for $17 I think I set myself up for lunches and dinners for pretty much the duration of the trip!

I'll let someone else come up with a QOTD today!

8 months post-op/Maintenance

M1: Coffee w/ PP and Miralax

M2: Fage Total w/ SF Pudding Mix and Almonds

M3: Smoked Pork Chop w/ Cheese

M4: Smoked Chicken Breast w/ Cheese

M5: Yogurt w/ Pecans and PB2

S: NUSH Protein Snack Cake & Nuts

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

NoraM13
on 10/16/17 3:59 am
VSG on 08/21/17

This weekend was much busier than I expected. I didn't manage to post on here, but I did well managing my food.

QOTD - Do you have any pets? We have a geriatric pug (she's blind and deaf) as well as a part Siamese cat. We had a lab mix that we had to rehome last year. He liked attacking the pug, which was especially unsafe as we had a baby who was starting to crawl. We took him to a behaviorist, but eventually a friend took him in. We're starting to think about getting another dog, which will help with getting some exercise in.

B - latte, cottage cheese

L - ham and cheese roll ups

S - protein shake, roasted cauliflower

D - chicken chili

E - kettle bells

water and vitamins on track

5'2" VSG: 8/21/17 HW: 261 SW:243 CW: 193

Pre-Op: 15 M1: 19.8 M2: 10.5 M3: 13.7

Erin T.
on 10/16/17 4:18 am
VSG on 01/17/17

We have an 8-year old lab/pitbull/boxer mix (Piper), a tri-color cat (Gretel), and 5 chickens (Winnie, Esther, Ruby, Spaz and Butterscotch the Rooster).

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

mmsmom
on 10/16/17 4:32 am, edited 10/15/17 9:32 pm - Woburn, MA

QOTD: I have a French Bulldog - he is 3 and the biggest love muffin! He has had a rough summer with a herniated disk that required emergency surgery and then 2 weeks ago he was having spasms. He seems to be doing better now. We also have my daughter's French Bulldog more often than not - while they are at work, traveling etc. She is a little devil, but I love her!

B: 3/4 cup dry cheerios in the car (yes, I'm 6) and an 87 cent iced coffee cuz the Patriots won!

L: leftover roast chicken and butternut squash (is it lunch yet :p )

D: soup from the chicken bones we ate yesterday

S: apple

E: planning on walking at lunch

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/16/17 5:25 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thanks for the QOTD. I looked at this at 6:45 am and couldn't come up with anything!

QOTD: I have 2 elderly dogs: 16 year old chihuahua (Chiquita) and 14 year old beagle (Duchess). Both have heart conditions and are somewhat incontinent, so we have their beds covered in plastic and wrapped with towels: laundry ALL the time and pee pads everywhere. Someone called it assisted living for dogs! But they are sweet and feel pretty good - love to eat and take walks, so it isn't their time yet. We aren't taking them to Florida (DS is going to take care of them), because I don't think they'd survive the trip. I hate the thought that I might not see one or the other of them after we leave, but at least they will be happy.

1.5 years post-op (maintenance). 18 work days to retirement (11/13).

B: eggbeaters, cottage cheese and ham

L: roast turkey

D: Shrimp

S: Yogurt, pork rinds

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Ladyblu
on 10/16/17 6:56 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Today, we will take advantage of the fact that I am not working. DH and I will work on cleaning, organizing and straightening. I'm OCD and he is ADD so we are usually at opposite ends of the spectrum. He is self-employed so is used to being able to do his own thing while I'm at work. He is already chomping at the bit for me to get another job. Tee hee...

QOTD: We have 3 cats, a dog and a betta fish. 1 big hairy orange kitty, one sleek black kitty and one part feral little Bengal kitty. The little Bengal is actually the cat's cat. Our doggie, Button, is a little sweet ShihTzu who is just a little love bug.

17 days post-op

M1: 2 oz leftover cod, Modified Shelley's Ricotta Bake and a teaspoon of cottage cheese

M2: snow crab salad and parm crisps

M3: Modified Shelley's Ricotta Bake and one chicken meatball

M4: Homemade Garlic Parm Sausage and a cheese wedge

M5: Scoop of unflavored isopure and something.

S: Something with protein

E: Walking more in the house out of the wheelchair

Vites and water: Doing better with water. Trying different herbal teas. Vites on track.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

yvonnef1964
on 10/16/17 7:39 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

My hip is hurting bad again so I'm going to the dr this afternoon.

Qotd I can't have pets where I live at and plus I couldn't afford one.

B egg mcmuffin

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D roast beef and carrots

Have a wonderful day

TeenSleever
on 10/16/17 7:39 am

Hey everyone!

This week will be very stressful because of midterms at university :( So a lot of coffee + studying!

B: turkey bacon with a side of cottage cheese

L: chicken meatballs and mustard for dip

S (if needed): babybel

D: not sure, maybe more meatballs?

S: heated quest bar

Lots of iced coffee with SF vanilla throughout the day (15)

Gwen M.
on 10/16/17 7:41 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Ugh, how crummy about the fitness center!

I'm home from a lovely weekend and I even managed to get all of my school work finished before Sunday midnight! My workload this week is actually fairly light so I might be able to work ahead into the next week's work. Only three weeks left in my classes - woo!

Today I've got a bunch of random things on my to do list. I need to call the surgery hospital to make sure they accepted my payment even though I technically have a zero balance (three weeks until surgery!!) and I also need to call my eye doc to schedule an appointment - I believe it is THAT TIME. The time when I need progressive lenses.

QOTD: I currently have zero pets. I grew up always having a cat. I got my first two cats when Art and I moved to England in 1997 and then we got a GSD in 1999. When Lance moved in, 2008, he brought his cat. For a while we had three cats and a dog - woo! Then our GSD died of old age, and the cats proceeded to die of old age over the following few years as well. So now we have no pets. It's been two years and that sucks. :/ Sadly, this is not the time to get a pair of kittens.

1: protein shake
2: leftover egg bake
3: chicken enchilada filling w/ sauce (I'm working on going through stuff in the chest freezer and there's a lot of chicken - cooked and uncooked. I'm going to sous vide the uncooked stuff and then turn all of it into chicken enchilada filling. I'll make a big batch of enchilada sauce too. I'll make a tray of actual enchiladas for the guys, and then freeze the unmade components for the future.)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: nope

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Rachel B.
on 10/16/17 8:01 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Morning all! Trying to get back in the groove. My grammy's memorial was Saturday. She was so well known in her faith, that her memorial was streamed all over the country and to several international sites. Remaining out of town family are leaving today, so life may be able to settle into a new normal today.

QOTD: Dogs are my life! I have a four year old French Bulldog- Allie, and a 10 month old English Bulldog - Duncan. They are my heart

AM: SF Mocha with SF Irish Cream flavor and Fairlife mix of 2% and Skim

S: Yogurt

L: Chicken (gotta put in IP NOW)

S: CHEESE stick

Training at the gym

S: Premier protein

D: Chicken, cottage cheese, hummus

Water & vites

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views