Start regular diet tomorrow!

BrittBrat414
on 10/22/17 9:20 am - MN
VSG on 09/19/17

I start a regular diet tomorrow and I'm a bit nervous because I'm not sure what I should all include in meal preps.

For an example in my book for my doctor it says 1-2 eggs and 1/2 cup unsweetened fruit. Lunch- chili with beans meat and veggies and fruit

Lots of people on here are saying to stay away from veggies because of carbs.

What are some foods you started to eat once being able to eat a regular diet?

I know protein is the most important but should I be getting some fruits or veggies in too?

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 10/22/17 10:17 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Hi! I'm not sure who told you to stay away from veggies because of carbs. I think that would be a mistake. I've heard to stay away from certain veggies that had a higher sugar/carb content, like beans & carrots.

I would stay away from fruits. Most fruits have a high sugar & carb content. If anything have the kind of fruits that are on the low side of the glycemic index, like berries., & eat sparingly, at least while in the rapid weight loss phase. You can experiment more when you're in maintenance.

You should check out the what are you eating threads on the vsg & rny forums for ideas. Just keep in mind that some are eating foods that they like for their stage, i.e pre ops, maintainers, off the wagon, etc.

For me, I keep the word diet out of my mental vocabulary as much as possible. To me diet indicates an end date, like I can go back to the way I was eating once the weight was off. I keep in mind that this is a lifestyle change. It's for life, it's always changing & it's what I signed up for.

I've tried & failed many diets. Lifestyle change to me is a more positive way of thinking, rather than me thinking of all the failed diets I've tried in the past.

Good Luck to you!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

BrittBrat414
on 10/22/17 10:21 am - MN
VSG on 09/19/17

Yes. I usually never say "diet" but I was looking in my book and had that stuck in my head lol. I definitely tell myself this is a lifestyle change and my boyfriend also says it too which I think is awesome!

i have texture issues with foods so the variety is slim for me unfortunately. I'm hoping since my taste buds have changed that I will be able to like a few more choices.

Like for an example I can't stand greens as in lettuce or spinach because of the texture but salads always look so darn good to me!

i have my appointment this week so I'll be talking to my dietician so she can help with my food plans.

Surgery Date: 09/19/2017 HW: 304.6 SW: 288.1 CW: 245 lbs M1: -19 M2: -16 M3:-8

"It's Impossible - said Pride ; It's Risky - said Experience ; It's Pointless - said Reason ; Give it a try - Whispered the Heart "

azmichy
on 10/22/17 2:20 pm
VSG on 10/24/17

One thing the surgeon said to me in preop class was 3 bites of lean protein and 1 bite of veggies or fruit. There are plenty of fruits on the lower carb spectrum you could try if you like.

My husband had surgery in April and he did a lot of eggs, yogurt, ground turkey, and cooked veggies. I wouldn't worry about the salads not being your thing - most VSG people don't seem to eat them. Go to the "what are you eating today" threads and look at what everyone is eating. It was a huge help for me on planning.

Lap Band 09/17/2003 HW-276 SW-225 LW-167

Revision to VSG 10/24/17 HW-244 SW-217.8 CW-179.6

Pre-op:0~M1:17~M2: 6.6~M3: 7.8~M4: 6.7

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views